Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Twin-stick shifter for NP205?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by TX Mudder, Dec 11, 2000.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I am wondering if you guys have any plans to make a twin-stick shifter for the NP205?
    I don't mean the twin-stick for the Doubler that you already make; I mean mean a twin-stick for just the NP205.
    I know I would buy one.
    Thanks,
    -- Mike

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Me too! Me too! [​IMG] I think a lot of guys would want one. Any plans for making one?

Rene

[​IMG]

3. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

well if tRustyk5 is gonna have one i want one too!!!! going to tear into it in the next couple of day's and would like to just buy a set-up,instead of beating my head against a wall and doing it myself!!!

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We do have some plans for a twin stick for the 205. I'm not even going to say anything about time frame because I know it'll be later than anything I say. But, we're planning on having one on my 205 this spring, and I've built and run one before, it was just a little "homely lookin'", to quote one description of it. Function was great though.
    We will probably have a linkage setup to allow 2wd Lo with a single stick before the twin stick. The only thing the twin would do at that point is allow us to use front wheel drive to spin our corpulent beasts in a tighter circle. Which they all need. Don't try this at home with a D44 and very big tires.....

[​IMG]
    SW-ORD

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[​IMG]

I have a question for you Stephen, how are you going to be able to keep up with your work and this forum?[​IMG]

Thanks for the reply, I can't wait to see the final product! With any luck I'll get in the first order.

Rene

[​IMG]