Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Twin stick, triple stick?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, May 8, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Okay this is getting confusing. What is the difference between twin stick and triple stick? (besides the number of shifters) Also what does the triple stick do that the twin stick can't. What are the advantages? Please explain in detail so I can fully understand /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Highjaxx

Highjaxx 1/2 ton status

Experts ready your flamethrowers... /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

First look into the technical section, and the product review section, then go to ORD's website http://www.offroaddesign.com/ and I think there is an article in there too.

As far as I know to seperates the 4WD&2WD to a seperate shifter from the Hi&Lo.(This is refering to the 205,as the 203 is only a gearbox.) It also can give you the ability to use front wheel drive only.

Somehow the guy who put my doubler together managed a 5th position on my 205, giving my the ability to run 2WD at 4:1. I'm hoping to put on the third stick to use front only later. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Hope this helps.

3. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

I triple-sticked since I am running a doubler. One stick controls high and low in the 203 range box. The other two sticks control high and low for front or rear axle seperately in the 205 case. You need to grind the shifter rails to allow them to be shifted individually. You can disengage the rear axle and just use the front, which in conjunction with rear cutting brakes makes for a pretty tight turn.
    So, twin sticks are for shifting axles independently with your primary transfer case, and triple sticks if you add a second case.

Russ

Russ

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Straight from the horses mouth:

Our Doubler™ twin stick shifter locates both of the shifters in the same hole in the factory location. One shifter will operate the NP203 and have Hi-N-Lo, the other shifter will operate the 205 with the stock shift pattern, 4HI-2HI-N-4Lo. Our twin stick shifter is heim jointed, uses urethane bushings for the pivot points, and comes with a floor boot and proper hold down rings.

and

Our NEW 3 stick shifter uses one stick to shift the 203 gearbox and 2 sticks on the NP205, allowing individual control of the front and rear drive shift rails. This gives smoother shifting characteristics and with the proper internal modifications to the NP205, will allow easy access to front wheel drive and rear wheel low range. This allows you to use the full potential of your transfer case for maximum maneuverability. Price for the 3 stick is $250 and includes floor boots and all the parts shown.

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Okay I understand now. Thanks everyone /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif