Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Twin Stick

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ProJunkRacing, Dec 9, 2005.

1. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

I have the money to but a twin stick setup , I need it asap as the trans and all is out but what i want to know is who has a good kit reasonable price and i want to get rails included that are already ground?

any imput?

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I think both ORD and NW make kits, not sure who else, I made my own. Do some searching/reading in the vendor section and you might find more...

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

http://jkwoffroad.com/ they make a awesome twinstick. i run it in my blazer. he is a vender here and if you look on the main page of ck5 there is a review about it. http://coloradok5.com/jkwtwinstickreview.shtml

4. ProJunkRacing

the jkw one looks good just more than i want to spend want to spend no more than 200

5. mudhog

the $215 one comes with new shift rails its there master kit there other kit dont have the shift rails (grind yours) and it is $135.00 http://jkwoffroad.com/offroadproducts.php#33

Chevy NP205 Twin Stick Shifter

NP205 Twin Stick Shifter ? This is my twin shifter kit for a NP205 transfer case. The kit is used to allow independent control of the high and low range of the front and rear axles. The shifter kit is a direct bolt on to a NP205 (1973 and newer) transfer case that is mated to an SM465 transmission. The kit includes a new greasable mounting bolt made especially for the twin stick. It will also fit the TH350 and TH400 transmission combinations. The shift handles occupy approximately the same area as your original shifter however some floor board trimming may be required on some vehicles depending on model and lift conditions. It is very likely that your shift rails will have to be deburred to allow my shift arms to be slipped over them and pinned in place.
    ?
    Installation:
    1)????? Remove the existing shifter hardware.
    2)????? Place the actuator attachment over the appropriate shift rail as shown in the pictures. Note that the shift rails may need to be filed or sanded to allow a smooth fit as the rails may have burrs on the outside diameter from years of use.
    3)????? Align the holes and drive the roll pins in place ? highlighted in the picture by a red box.
    4)????? Attach the shift arms with your original shifter mounting bolt. Make sure the shift arm pins are in the slot in each actuator attachment.

Price: $135.00

6. PANCAKE

PANCAKE 1/2 ton status

You could buy the new rails, and make your own twin stick set up out of two stock shift levers. Or you can grind your own rails and make your own sticks and save the $ It took me about two hours to rebuild the t-case (np205) and grind the shift rails. I spent another two hours making the two sticks fit and function. The total cost was $131.00 ($121.00 for the rebuild kit and $10.00 for the extra shift lever). Works Great:laugh:

7. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

8. ProJunkRacing

yeah i wanna get a kit asap and dont wanna deal with ord

does wagoner machine make one?

9. ProJunkRacing

ok well i got one of the jkw ones coming in this week thanks for imput

10. mudhog

what one did you go with?

11. ProJunkRacing

i got the jkw one i just pulled the rails so as it sits just waiting for the new rails

12. mudhog

so you got the $215 kit? i know you will like it. and having a twinstick 205 is fun ask me how i know lol

13. ProJunkRacing

no i bought it from terrier72 shipped tommorw so the rails are pulled i am so excited a fwd truck lol