Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

twin stick

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JIMMY76, Jul 30, 2006.

1. JIMMY76

JIMMY76 1/2 ton status

I'm looking to get a twin stick setup for my truck '86 gmc 1 ton srw 60/14ff 4.56 456/205 diesel I broke my stock shifter so I figure I would go with a twin setup. I'm looking at ORD but if anyone knows of other good ones I would prefer just a bolt on I do not want to take apart my transfer case if I dont have too. thanks

2. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Any twinstick you have to somewhat take it apart, read Jekbrowns write up on twinstick how to on the mainpage of ck5.com. Its no big take apart really. www.jkwoffroad.com has a really nice affordable twinstick. But eigther is a good kit.

3. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Im building my own.:D dont really know how for sure yet but I wheel with a guy that drives a j**p thats got a complete chevy 1 ton drive train. he built his own doubler for $45 and built his own twin stick for nothing. pretty cool guy cause hes gonna help me build mine.:D If I had to choose though Id prolly go with JKWoffroad cause I think their kit is a little cheaper and Im poor.

4. renny10n

renny10n Newbie

5. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Can't do the twinstick without taking the shift rail out. While you can have two sticks, just only one will work. It's actually pretty easy to mod the shift rail, I just did this to my case. Biggest pain was fishing the role pin out, and getting the forks to stay put. I think Im gonna go with cable shifters, as I don't have any way of bolting the sticks to my tranny or case.

6. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

He can do twin sticks without modding the rails, he just won't gain any options that he doesn't already have. At best, it could make for easier and smoother shifting, but no 2L or front wheel drive would be available to him.