Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Twin Sticking a 203?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mofugly13, Feb 26, 2004.

1. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Oct 6, 2002
    I have the Mile Marker part time kit, but have not installed it yet because my D44 is missing the ring gear. When I do install it, when shifting from 4hi to 4lo, the lever has to be thrown from one extreme to the other, correct? Seems pretty inconvenient, and unnecessary. I've seen posts on here about it, but never any specifics. Is it pretty self-evident what needs to be done when looking at a dropped t-case? Can something be fabbed up while it is still in the K5? I assume it will take a couple of levers and a couple of brackets. They shouldn't require any voodoo, should they? Maybe take some 1/2" CRS for the levers and turn a nice long taper up to where the knob goes, then some bending, grinding and drilling, as necessary? I should be getting a nice FAT tax return, and am gonna buy a MIG with some of it. Has anyone twin-sticked theirs? What did it take? How do you like it?

Thanks Bro's /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif