Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Twin Turbo with a QJet?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Apr 14, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Thinking of building a Twin Turbo 350 with a stock QJet 4 bbl. 79 Impala for sale in town I might buy just to drive till I figure out wahts up with my K5 and hwat I am gonna do with it. Then I am gonna turn the car into a Stock Street racer(circle track race class). The turbo and most likely engine would come out then just thinking it would be funny to do even if its a crappy job pushing almost no boost.

2. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

You would have to do a blow through system, and modify the Q-jet. Do a search for turbos. There are some older posts on this. It can be done, I've seen it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah i have seen and been invovled with another post I was thinking crap job that would blow in a week but hey fun week huh? Got the K5 running 10 minutes before I was to go look at the Impala so I said forget it. Just look for the 88+ Chevy IFS I want to get(don't worry the IFS will be short lived).