Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

twisted axel

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yellowmoon, Sep 26, 2002.

1. yellowmoon

yellowmoon Registered Member

Ok, what the hell, I twisted the differential loose from the axel housings. The tubes hold still and the pumkin twists up and down! Is this fairly common? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Not common, but not unheard of... The tubes are still there in good shape, just the rosette welds broke? </font color>

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I did that to mine. For me that was the last straw w/ the 12B and I went to a 14FF. I rotated the right axle tube (along w/ previously cracking the center section and breaking off all the wheel lugs at 80mph). My pinion pointed to the sky and bent up the leaf springs on the left side. I was still able to drive it home (about 100mi)...I just took it real easy.

4. yellowmoon

yellowmoon Registered Member

Yep tubes just fine, think I'm going to have them welded up and see what happens.

5. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

on my 12bolt tubes stayed put, but the differential point towards the sky. so i upgraded to 14b /forums/images/icons/grin.gif