Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

twisty troubles...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chevy409, Apr 8, 2001.

1. Chevy409

Chevy409 Registered Member

With a pretty stiff but likeable 4inch lift, my frame flexes and twists a whole bunch. The last thing I want is to crack or tweak the half ton frame while 4-wheeling and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had this worry before. What's the best way to fix this problem? I only have the cab on as far as body right now so I can get to the frame on nearly any place, should I just throw some straps on in certain spots? Which places are the flexiest or have the least amount of support on a stock frame? Thanks

2. freeforever

freeforever 1/2 ton status

Go throu the whole frame and take all the original body ribits take them off and replace with grade 8* bolts and locking nuts....then when you put the rest of the truck on the frame then it should tighten up....Im pretty sure that should help.

"Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me"
    ---------------
    "A closed mouth gathers no foot."

3. Chevy409

Chevy409 Registered Member

That's actaully a pretty good idea, especially if at sometime you want to remove a bracket easily. Will that really reduce flex though? What I'm worried about is my frame getting tweaked or cracking on the trail, say putting one tire up on a stump and the other dangling, putting everything to the max. Thanks a lot.