Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

two amps to one sub, can it be done??

Discussion in 'Audio' started by XHitman396, Dec 29, 2003.

1. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

ok i have 2 kenwood 600 amps (300 rms) and i want to put them both into one sub, one 12", or a really good 10", but can you do that, i talked to a buddy of mine and he said that the amps would hit like hundredths of a second apart but it would still make it sound like crap, so can it be done with quality, and if yes, i was thinking audiobahn with the sub, any suggestions. thanks...

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I assume the amps are the exact same and can't be used as a slave setup. Just get a dual voice coil sub (that can handle the power) and hook up each amp to a seperate coil. In other words the a dvc sub will have two sets of positive/negative inputs directly across one another on the basket. Hook up one amp per set of inputs. Bam problem solved. Hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    i talked to a buddy of mine and he said that the amps would hit like hundredths of a second apart but it would still make it sound like crap,

[/ QUOTE ] Retarded...

3. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I'd go with a 12", then again I'm bias.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    he said that the amps would hit like hundredths of a second apart but it would still make it sound like crap

[/ QUOTE ] Tell your friend he needs to go to a few Stereo contests. Almost all DB Drags use 2 amps to each sub. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

thanks for your help guys, i now start my ebay sub search..

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I can't speek for audiobahn's quality becouse I've never owned one. But I can tell you that Treo Engineering makes some of the best subs I've ever heard. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

I haven't ever seen the Treo subs that are spoke of, nor heard them but MA Audio is the best sub I have ever heard when hooked. I ran two 1000 watt 12" subs in an S-10 for several years with only 600 watts total running to the both of them. They consistently hit about 112 db. That's not bad for only giving them a third of the power they required. MA has several lines to chose from so the prices range. The newest(most expensive) is the best sounding sub I have ever heard but it's too expensive for me.