Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Two CVs on one driveline

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by arq, May 7, 2002.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

is there any benefits of putting 2 CVs on a driveline, kinda like what the caddilacs, the big caddilacs, have on their driveline.

other than more expensive and more parts to break?
    could that be done with a fixed yoke, but using a expansion/compression thingy on there, or would it require a slip yoke?

ARQ.

2. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

with the caddys they use a slip into the trans with a solid drive shaft, so it would be posible to do something like that, get a slip 205, a 208, 231, 241 etc. and you could have something rigged that would work, but i think its easier just to use one at the T/C and shim up the rear, but thoeretically the angles could be anything with two CVs since the CVs would cancel themselves and all vibration would disappear. My buick (69 riv) has a two piece shaft and two CVs on it goes Trans, shaft, carrier bearing, slipjoint, CV , shaft, Cv, rearend, so it might be possible to adapt parts like these so you could use a CV at each end with a slip joint in the middle of the shaft so you could use it with a fixed yoke T/C. But is all of this really worth it???

3. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

you have less clearance for droop remember me showing you my front cv and how i trimmed it up ? a regular u joint can take more "operating angle" .