Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Two Days with a K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rigdonhome, May 12, 2003.

1. rigdonhome

rigdonhome 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifI’ve had the K5 just over two days now and both days I’ve done some major ‘Dragging’ with it. Today I definitely learned that it has a rear locker, which amazingly works perfectly. I heard it lock and unlock just as it should, and it hooked both rears hard until I locked in the front hubs.

The Malibu has sat in a hole it has sunk in through the sod next to the concrete drive ever since the Wife ‘Scattered’ the (admittedly already ready to ‘go’) 406 in it, and today I needed to get it into the driveway so I can swap the Original Camaro wheels onto it and sell the Corvette wheels it has now. Anyways, I was standing there looking at it, thinking that I can pull it out on the street, but obviously the K5’s bumper isn’t going to line up with the Malibu’s to push it back into the drive. I could maybe use the van, but the bump up into the drive over the street gutter might misalign even that. This will obviously be a big pain in the butt, at best, and I’ll need the Wife’s help, meaning the Boy will be upset because he’s currently having a ball with the neighbor kids in the back yard, which will have to cease while I do all this.

Then I realized that I’m a Man now, with a K5 and low range, and I don’t have to mess with any of that. I backed it up to the side of the Malibu, chained on to the side of the frame, put it in low range, and let’er eat. The Malibu popped right up out of its hole sideways, but when it hit the concrete bump the Blazer spun out. Huh? I backed up about 6 inches and hit it lightly, but it still spun. I got out to survey the situation, and found that both back wheels were spinning but not the fronts!!! Closer inspection showed that I have a very short attention span and had only locked in one front hub. Locked in the other, and the Malibu screeched all 4 tires and cried as I grappled it sideways across the drive and parked it right in the middle, and it looked just like I had backed it in there carefully. I was so proud. The Blazer didn’t slip a tire after I got that whole ‘Front Hub Incident’ worked out. The Wife was SO Proud!!!

What, oh What will I drag tomorrow???

"The Fastest Way through a House of Mirrors is with a Baseball Bat." -Unknown

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

aint brute force a hoot!
    It's about time I drive my Jimmy to work. Dumpster has migrated towards where I usualy park my burb. It needs moving.
    I totaled out a rusted out dumpster of the buisness next door a few months back. The feet dug in to the pavement as I was pushing it and it folded up! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

thats perty funny
    The only stories of brute force i have are in my f-150 /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I had a friend with an old Maverick that we always made fun of. We used to pull it to the other side of the parking lot, and he'd come out freaking out thinking it was stolen, and see us over there sitting on it. Man, he'd get pissed! Who in their right mind would steal a Ford Maverick?????

5. rigdonhome

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

The Latest Drag:

So I had to drag the S10 Blazer out of the (very wet...)backyard and up into the drive to work on it. With no driver for it, I decided to leave the steering locked and leave it in park so that it wouldn't get away from me and bash into a neighbor's car or something. I just hooked it on about 2 feet of chain and put the K5 in LoLok and dragged at will. In the wet grass it was no problem of course, but on the street the little S10 Blazer screeched and squalled and put up a hissy fit like My Wife (Oops Did I say that???) er, I mean like a cat fight and did NOT want to turn on the already dry concrete pavement AT ALL!!! But the K5 said, "Puppet, do what I tell you!", and it did. There are some funky looking blackmarks across the
    sidewalk, out onto the street, and back into my driveway now. Kewl.

More to come. I feel like Death Warmed Over and my head is splitting so I may go get Reloaded. Haven't done that yet.

Cheers,
    Scott

6. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

This has got to be the most idiotic thing I have heard of someone doing in a long time.

7. rigdonhome

[ QUOTE ]
    This has got to be the most idiotic thing I have heard of someone doing in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, that isn't even nearly the most idiotic thing I've ever done. Just the most idiotic I've written about in the past few days. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4/5 Doctors Surveyed find me Clinically Insane. They haven't found the 5th one yet.

8. MousePowrd

MousePowrd 1/2 ton status

K5's are great for pulling stumps also. My 88 was a regular "stumper" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif