Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Two door grand prix?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by baldamish, Mar 25, 2006.

1. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

Anybody know what year pontiac quit making the two door gran prix?? I was thinking of looking at them but i hate a four door!!

2. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

2002...they didn't want it to compete with the GTO that was to come out in 2004. I had a 97 2 door GT up until last year, family got bigger so I had to get a bigger vehicle.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2006
  3. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

that sounds about right my mom had an 01

4. nad

nad 1/2 ton status

Yeah, the 2003 model was the end of that bodystyle, and they decided to no longer make a coupe. I drive a 98 coupe as my daily driver, and love it. Personally, if I were to get another one, which I probably will, I would get a 2000-2002, just because I like the older body style better.

If the GXP's were 2 doors, that would definitely be on my list for my next car....

5. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

Or what about the monte carlo? they are the same car, those that have them or the gran prix, how is the dependability?

6. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

here's a good website to check out.....www.clubgp.com. they cover gp's, monte's and regal's...all those body styles. from what I understand the monte carlo is a good car, I just don't like the newer body style, too boxey. but that's just my opinion. I agree with you nad, if I get another one it will be those years as well...00-02 4 door GTP.

7. nad

nad 1/2 ton status

the dependability rules, I absolutely love my car. k2mslskier, I'm a member of that site. It's a very good source of information. I've been in love with my GT coupe since the day I bought it, and I plan to sell it and buy a 00-02 GTP coupe in the near future. I highly reccomend the W-Bodies, but if you're looking at buying one, check the transmission thoroughly as they are the only weak link in these cars. I've been driving mine since early 04 and haven't had a single problem yet *knock on wood*