Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TWO for the price of one!!!!! $5000

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by Can Can, May 14, 2006.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Well, lads, the time has come to part with my mini-fleet in order to upgrade to a crewcab tow rig. The trucks in question are as follows:

1984 K5 Silverado - 305, 700r4, 208, 10 bolts w/3.73s, 15 ATs

Mileage is 175K. I'm the 2nd owner and have owned the truck for over 13 years. The truck runs really well and is in pretty good shape in and out. There is some rust on the undercarriage/frame/suspension, but I gave some of it a pretty good coat of Rust Bullet last fall and it seems to be holding up pretty well. There is some rust starting to bubble at the rear wheel wells and at the bottom of the doors. Everything works except for the driver's side power lock. Tires have less than 500 miles on them, and new shocks were installed about 1000 miles ago. The 305 is a little tired, and has the usual valve seal blowby at startup, but is otherwise sound. Basically, the K5 is complete, and with a little work and time could be good as new.

1983 C10 - 6.2, 700r4, 3.42s, 15" All Seasons

This used to be the family tow rig. I've owned it for over 9 years and I'm the 2nd owner. It's pretty nice in and out. It has 133K miles on it. It has pulled a lot of weight over the Canadian Rockies many times, including a 4200 lb 200 mile tow this past weekend. The truck has spent the last 3 years out at my property pulling "farm truck" duty. There are a couple of things that need attention, and I don't have the time or patience to deal with them:

- The truck runs warm under heavy load(ie. towing more than 2000 lbs). It could be a plugged rad, a bad thermostat, a bad clutch fan, maybe even a head gasket......I don't know. During normal driving it doesn't run warm, but every so often pumps a quart of coolant into the reserve. FWIW, it can't be anything too major, because I've put over 25K on the rig with this condition.:dunno:

- Volt gauge doesn't work

- Fuel gauge is wonky. When full it reads 1/3. It's still accurate, as long as you remember that 1/3 is full.

- A/C had a leak and needs a rebuild and recharge

- Needs a heater core installed

Even with all of this little stuff needing done, I wouldn't hesitate to hop in and drive this truck to California right now. It's been a great little workhorse, and has payed for itself many times over seeing that it gets about 23 MPG.

Anyhow, I would like to get around $5000 for BOTH TRUCKS as a package deal. I need to see these gone pronto, and am confident that the price is right given their overall condition. If you are mechanically inclined and have a way of picking these suckers up, this deal is for you. I've kind of downplayed the condition of the trucks- they are both pretty nice for their age. Here are a couple of pics:

Here's a pic of the 83 6.2 just last week:

[​IMG]

Here are 2 pics of the 84 K5 from last year. Sorry, brothers,:wink1: but Kim is in the pics, too:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, if you're interested, or have any questions, shoot me a PM or an email. My email addy is in my profile.

Last edited: May 14, 2006
  2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

can we see some pics of the K5? :D

3. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

my thoughts exactly.:wink1::wink1:

4. Can Can

I think I may have already sold one or both of the trucks. Nothing solid yet, though.

You like those pics, eh? You should see the ones I CAN'T post.......:whistle:

5. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

6. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I'm willing to bet that Canmore's not even allowed to see them :doah:

And good luck on selling your rigs. I know I'd love to buy that certain crew cab if I could. I might even be selling my own crew cab.

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

83 GMC 1/2 ton sold, thanks a ton Paul!!

Rene

8. Can Can

You're welcome, my friend. Take care of the old gal for me, eh? :thumb: