Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Two fuel tanks on K5??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JHG, Oct 29, 2003.

1. JHG

JHG 1/2 ton status

I have an 81 K5 with 31 gallon tank. Thats far from enough when I am traveling. I was wondering if somebody had put another tank in K5 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif?

I was looking under my truck and I dont see where that tank could be /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Jon H.

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

i'm putting a second tank in mine. Kinda. Because of suspension mods, I can only get 20 gallon tank to fit in the factory location so I'm putting a 15 gallon in front of the factory front gas tank crossmember. I'm using large transfer tubes between the tanks and one sending unit in the rear tank and drawing fuel from the front tank only. It will act like one tank this way but will hold more fuel.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You have a couple of options. One is to replace the stock tank with a 45 gallon aftermarket tank. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif The other is to add 1 or 2 side tanks, which hold about 18 gallons each. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Check out www.aerotanks.com they're one of the places that makes aftermarket tanks.

4. JHG

JHG 1/2 ton status

I dont like idea of having a side tanks. How do they hold up if somebody drive in the side of the truck? Perhaps they are ok, and I hope so, because that might be the best solution /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks,

Jon H.

5. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I have one on each side....

[​IMG]