Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Two more weeks of freedom for me

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Aug 30, 2002.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Its a little early but since I'm thinking about it for the momemt I figured I'd mention it.

On September 11, 2002 I'll be placed on active duty in the U.S. Army to complete basic training and advanced individual training so I can be a soldier in the Illinois Army National Guard.

I'd just like to take this time to say goodbye to everyone for the next 5 1/2 months. Everyone better go wheelin' for me because I won't see my truck for the whole time I'm gone and when I get back it needs an engine before I get to go wheelin' again.

You guys are all my buddies. I'll miss this place.

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Good luck to ya... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..............

I have gone through 2 (!) Basic Trainings. 1 when I was in the Air Force, and the other when I joined the Army. Its not all the bad, but its not all that good either!!

Have a good time PRIVATE!!!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh YEah, I forgot, from now on you come to the position of Parade Rest and address me as SSG USNICK. No more Rob, Yeild, Y2Me, etc....Its Staff Sergeant Usnick!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH j/k

rob

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Drop down and give me twenty RECRUIT! And remember it's sgt not sir to the Drill Sgts, they work for a living. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Um...I'm an officer in the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps www.seacadets.org so I've been doing military for 5 years+ now. So I guess this will theoretically be my 2nd basic training too.

Also, I've been drilling with the ARNG since January.

So, staff sergeant, you can call me sir, I prefer that to Private anyway. And make sure you're at attention, parade rest won't cut it for me.

I'm a PFC anyway (a first class idiot that makes 300 bucks more than a regular idiot).

You guys crack me up. I already know what I'm getting myself into...I'm not new at this. I was 13 years old the first time I wore a military uniform. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I suppose this could be rather scary if you were new at it though.

6. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Are you a Shrimp Boat Captain???

BAHAHAHA---I kill me!!!

seriously though, it appears that you have been famaliarized with the whole "military* thing, so thats good.

you will have a good time, if you make it a good time!!

rob

7. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Well I was an officer in the Sea Cadets too. All that got me when I went in was my PFC stripes. And you'll here about being a NG (no good) alot. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I won't tell them I was a cadet or that I am an officer, that's my little secret. But it got me my PFC stripes.

9. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

No you were a officer now you're a PRIVATE, TROOPER, OR RECRUIT. Get it? Now drop and give twenty, RECRUIT.

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I take it by your side pic your going to be a gun bunny?

By the way, right before I got out, I was OPFOR down at Ft. Irwin and one month we got in some augmentees from the Illinois National Guard, my auggie was pretty squared away and knew what was going on.

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

The little picture is branch insignia for Air Defense Artillery. I'm going to cruise around in a Bradley and shoot Stinger missiles.

People in Air Defense also operate the Patriot missile system in other MOS's (not mine).

I'm a 14R.

12. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    and shoot Singer missiles.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Might hit more things if you were to shot STINGER missles...LOL

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I was editing it while you posted that, actually.

14. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

LOL /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

15. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Remeber this phrase you will use it a lot, "DRILL SEARGENT YES DRILL SERGEANT!!!"

16. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

Good luck there man,
    you can call me sir in another two years after I finish with ROTC.. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ...good to see your squared away, not many people give the military a second thought. ADA should be an interesting branch, not real popular among the officers these days, but its still high speed. Good luck and keep us informed. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Yeah, darnit, my mistake, not gun bunny, but a duck hunter. Cruise around in a Bradley huh? Those things are piles of crap, I hate them, hope you have fun working on them.

18. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

AIR DEFENSE ARTILLERY........HOO-RAH ! "FIRST TO FIRE, SIR!" thats what i was. batery -b, 1st of the 202,ada.i was 16s, manpads crewmwmber, better know as duck hunters. when not on foot we cruise around in hummers with shark cages on the back. im assuming you'll be going to fort bliss for ait training ? well have fun and good luck. ive been thinking about re-enlisting as of lately. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif btw, where abouts are you located at ?

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Congrats, Cadet. Feels good, don't it? I think I'm going to do the ROTC route too. I wish I was here saying that I'd be an officer in two weeks. That'd be a good feeling for sure.

I'm battery G of the 202 ADA. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I live near Ottawa, IL.

Damn straight, "First to Fire!"

And if you think Bradleys are pieces of crap you should see the APCs my unit has. We don't have Bradleys because Illinois won't let our brigade give them to us. My whole brigade's Bradleys are in North Carolina. (30th Brigade)

20. FWP

FWP CRS

Good for you! Good luck and stay out of trouble /forums/images/icons/wink.gif I wish more people would join the armed forces, they might learn something about respect and discipline, I see very little of that these days. I count myself lucky to have served under Ronald Reagan, wow that was along time ago /forums/images/icons/blush.gif ....