Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

two questions here.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cybrfire, Dec 26, 2002.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

What do I need to move a 205 tcase from a 4 speed to a 400 trans. I imagine it was a SM465. This is a 1976 vintage if that makes a difference.
    Second, I read about alot of guys using 57" ford leaves in the rear with a shackle flip for the additional flex. What do these leaves come from and other than the lift that comes from the shackle flip is there any other height gains or reductions from the ford leaf packs? OK so that was more than two questions. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

Check this out.
    ORD 205 page

If you have any questions after reading that page, PM me, I did this swap with a 2wd 400.

Brett /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Depending on what you use to mount up the 57's, you can get them to give you about 4 1/2" of lift with the shackle flip using 84-94 F150 4 leaf plus overload springs. Using 3 leaf plus overload gives you much less but I'd only suggest it with a truggy where the weight has been removed from the rear end.

4. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

OK, that ought to about cover the t case question. Tons of info there. Sounds like the leafs won't do much lifting other than the shackle flip which is perfect. I am running a 4" block now. Going with the shackle flip and 57" springs will work perfectly. Thanks...
    '