Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Two Questions??

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by mollyman, Nov 20, 2006.

1. mollyman

mollyman 1/2 ton status

First I want to say thanks to everyone who has answered any of my questions it has helped:thumb:
    Now my latest questions. First I have an 81 K10 sub and I have lifted it 3inches in the front. I wanted to either get a 2inch droped pitman arm or a raised steering arm. Which is better? I know some people would say not to worry about it unless you go 4inches or more but I want to do one or the other.
    Second question is this weekend I put in a new 10blt (I know a d60 is better but I don't have the cash rite now:mad: ) It has the cheapo plastic warn manuel hubs in it. So I happened to go to advanced auto for something and there on a shelf was a set of the primo hubs so I bought them. In the box is the hubs themselves and then the "drive gear sets". When I went to put them in the "drive gear sets" look just like what is already in there. So do I need to pull out what is in there or are they the same and I just need to put on the hub itself? THANKS

2. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

I would install all the new parts that came in the box. They might be interchangeable but they are old parts so.....

3. JpEater

JpEater 1/2 ton status

X2.

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

For the 3" lift, I really liked the 2" drop pitman arm. Without it my sub had a bit of a pull to one side under brake dive conditions and with the 2" drop pitman it drove great. That 3" lift was one of the best driving combinations I've had.