Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Two questions

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 69K5, Nov 10, 2001.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

I am the proud new owner of a 69 CST K5. It is completely stock except for a winch and 33's. My steering box is leaking where the shaft attatches with four bolts is there anyway to fix this other than replacing it? Also I heard that there were stock roll bars in these. I cannot find a picture that shows these. Did they exist?

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

They did not put sway bars in them till 73. You can use a 73- roll bar without much fab work. You would need the spring plates, bar, and mounts.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here</a>

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info guys. I think i'm going to try and get one from vintage chevy. I wont see any more answers for a week or so. I'm going home. my first trip since i was recalled sept. 15th. so thanks to everyone else in advance.

4. jmeador74

jmeador74 1/2 ton status

If your gear box is leaking out of the top where the four bolts are... go to a GM dealer and order the gasket for that top cover and four new bolts should come with it. I only paid 15 bucks for mine when I got it last year.

72 Chevy Blazer, 327, SM-465, NP 205, 4in lift, 35 in tires
    About to put in 400sbc, 700-R4

5. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Are you talking about a roll bar or an anti-sway bar? There was a factory optional roll bar. There were no anti-sway bars on thest things until '73 (front only). As was said, you can adapt a '73-'81 front anto-sway bar to the earlier Blazer. I have some pix of the bar at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/1963>my site</a>. Just follow the links to my cars, then to pix of my Blazer.