Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

two questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big d, Aug 9, 2002.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

ok guys heres two questions real quick. first, what accs. have you purchased for use with a hi -lift jack to safely and properly use the jack, also where are good places to jack on a k5 with this tool when the time is needed. next question, explain procedure and process of swapping in 2wd front rear spring hangers for use on a 4'' lift install instead of using blocks. will these bolt up to the same location as the old rivet holes for the current ones ? (i wanting to install or have installed my 4'' skyjacker lift,-thanks 85' mouse !) thanks for any replys in advance. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

one of the things i have done to make using my hi-lift more safe was i made a platform that was 8X10" out of some 3/4" plywood and screwed two peices together to make it extra strong and took a third piece the same size but cut out a peice in the middle the size of the base of the hi-lift. This way the base sits in the recessed part of the platform and will help prevent the hi-lift from kicking out from the bottom. And the areas i jack my blazer from are it's bumpers but have custom heavy duty steel bumpers. I plan on adding a small lip 1/4" steel to the bottom out side edge of them to help give the hi-lift somthing to hold onto. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I learned a new trick on the last run. Jack your rig up by inserting the lift part into the rim... If you are hi-centered, this will lift your wheel up so you can put rocks under it. Or you can just push the truck over to the side. Just be carefull and stay away from the jack while it's lifted.

4. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I got the bumper adapter for my High-lift.

I too will be making (or buying) a larger base adapter.