Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Two questions....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hayduke, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Hayduke

Hayduke 1/2 ton status

hey there all, here's a couple for ya:
    who has had a salvaged vehicle inspected? my k5 was in a wreck and totalled out (long story) with only mild front body damage to drivers front corner. turn sig. and top headlight fine, only lower high-beam smashed. after removing bumper and inner fender well and chopping away some lower body the tire turns fine and i'm in the process of having a bumper welded up for it. so back to the first question, i need to have it inspected to i can get the salvaged title approved and get insurance so i can drive it when i need/want to, (not a daily driver.) any pointers on what i should expect or fix first?
    and the second question is can i find plastic front fenderwells or is there too much heat for plastic up there?
    thanks and thanks again.
    peace.
    HAYDUKE

2. lt61173

lt61173 1/2 ton status

There are plastic inner fenders out there. If you do a search in the forums you should find some links.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

For the inspection, I'd call your local sheriff's department. Someone there should be able to provide you with the information you need.