Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

two red necks, a torch, a saw, and a big hammer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by txbluethunder, Nov 17, 2002.

1. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Billy Ray must have some really kewl neighbors--their is no way in /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gifmy yuppie neighbors would allow me too dismantel a truck in my driveway /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Can't wait to see the end result /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifLooks like alot of work just too tear it down.

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Just need to build a support fot the firewall then I will beable to cut the rest of the floor and dash out. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    THEN! I will start to build the cage. If anyone has a line on fuel cells let me know I saw one at JEGS for a circle track car 16GAL. 26x18x9.5 that may work any feed back would be great. THANKS I will post more pics. on web shots as I move foward on project K-5/B /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

THANKS RUSSEL FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifThat is freaking awesome----im tossing around this idea and now i really want to do it---- i cant wait to see it finished

5. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

nice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

well it be done before CalROCS in Katemcy????

ric

6. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

From reading the subject i thought maybe someone had gotton married. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    Looking good Billy, if ou need anything from me just holler and i'll be glad to help.

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

ME LIKES!!!
    i thought MANY a night about taking the bed off my 74.... still not sure i can do it. might to the 76... but not sure yet.
    as for Cells, Jegs has a 32 or 33 gallon one, aluminum foam filled(i recomend foam filled) for like 239 or something.
    has a sump as well.
    Grant

8. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

do you plan to retain any body panels? that looks tough!
    does the a/c still work?!

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I can't wait too see more pic. Are the niegbors staring ?????? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I got my aluminum 20 gal from rci. $240 with sending unit, perfect size for my bobbed bed, but may not work for you. They have plastic ones up to 32 gal.

www.rciracing.com

The truck looks good. You sure have brass cajones to hack up such a beautiful truck /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Well yeah, it's beautiful to me!!!

11. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

That is exactly what I am doing...I bout a 1978 K5 for $120 without a motor and I am gonna pull the body, make a ridiculous cage for it and go have fun...Mine is going to be a diamond plate floor, retain the stock firewall, 4 seats, 22 gal fuel cell, built 350 etc, etc....But you have given me some ideas of what to do as well as far as the dismanteling goes...
    Chris

12. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

sawzall is your friend!!! that and a cutoff wheel are necessary. we pulled the entire front clip, doors, windshield, and tailgate. then cut the a and b pillers as low as we could. cut the rear off starting at the farthest and lowest point of the door jam and went back until were behind the body mount point behind the front seats. then cut it straight across and did the same for the other side. then you just pull the bed off like a pickup. we also cut the metal part of the dash (under the dash pad) and pulled the climate control out and cut that area out.

billy wants to keep the steering column mount but everything else will be going. i think he said he's doing the floor in grated material with sheet metal panels attaching for when its cold or rainy.

13. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif DAMN! Taking a lesson for PBB and Watson are we? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Hey Ric I sure hope it will be done by the time CalROCS come to town.
    Matt I may call to get some more info from ya THANKS.

Thanks guys for the feed back on the fuel cells and yes the A/C works just fine 2-80 2 windows down going 80 MPS OH! wait I don't have any widows. Well I guess the A/C is busted. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    As far as the neighbors go I don't take the truck out the garage much and when I do they don't say any thing I guess they know I don't care what they think. The good thing is we don't have a Home Owners Ass. I guess that why I get away with it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Right on dude! Can't wait to see it complete! WOOHOO! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif