Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Two rows of back seats

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ecameron87, Feb 19, 2006.

1. ecameron87

ecameron87 1/2 ton status

Has anybody ever tried putting two rows of back seats in the back of a blazer? Or how about bucket seats back there. I am just looking for ideas to comfortably seat three adults in the back. Pics would be appreciated.

2. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Seriously? Have you ever looked behind the back seat? I would think you could fit some kids back there, but adults have too long of legs. Maybe 1 on each side facing each other?

It seems like this is why the Suburban was invented

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I'm looking to put either two or three buckets in the back of my '72, I've done some measuring and the height is tight. So far it looks like import buckets in back to get them up off the floor enough for leg room and low enough for head room. The late K5 buckets I have in fromt won't come close to doing it though.

4. ecameron87

ecameron87 1/2 ton status

Mainly I was talking about kids back there, but there are times when I have adults back there as well. I think that the stock back seat in its stock location is pretty comfortable for adults given the curcumstances. A seat behind that facing backwards might work. I just want to know if someone has attempted it?

5. FoolSizeK5

FoolSizeK5 Registered Member

I don't have any experiance with it but i've been thinking about putting two buckets in place of the Bench seat too for a few months. Waiting alittle longer till after my motor is running and lift is done till i get more serious with the inside. But i have the old non reclining front seats in my 85. So i've been thinking about newer seats out of a late model truck with the console in the front and seeing if i could fit just two bucket seats in place of the rear bench seat. But i'm still not sure if they would fit width wise could fab somthing to mount them almost flat on the floor though. But i should measure the seats in my buddies 01 chevy tomorrow at work just for kicks to give my theory alittle back bone. Might even get my wife to wheel with me if she had somthing comfy to sit on.

6. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Wayulll ... height is the kicker. The Chalets have two benches on the sides, above the wheel wells sideways, and can fit four adults fairly comfy-bly... but the Chalets also have more interior height =))

Some of the old Land Cruisers and Rovers have these 'troop seats', ya know, same idea. If you run topless it's fine ... with the top, I think the best you could do would be a small Jeepish seat in the back, facing backwards, back-to-back with your existing rear seat.

Or, as has been pointed out, this is why God invented the Suburban.

-- A

7. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

Get underneath and take a look at the frame. It's true that, given enough time, effort, and/or money, you can do just about anything to anything, but this would require a lot of hassle. I'd just buy a Suburbanish vehicle, because that would be easier and cheaper.

8. FoolSizeK5

FoolSizeK5 Registered Member

If you just want nicer seating in the back i measured today a buddys front buckets in a 01 chevy. Front seats would fit with the console if you made your own seat brackets or got the new ones to fit on the old seat frames. Just to bucket seats would fit side by side in place of the rear bench but would really have to fab up a way to mount them as low as the factory bench seat. I'm planning on giving it a try this summer if i can find seats for not to much. The later seats like that have the Seat belt attached to the seat so you wouldn't have to worry about getting the old ones to work. sounds good in theory doesn't it?