Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Two Serious Questions.

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Batmanjr, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Mar 23, 2001
    Has anyone ever heard of Klune-V IND. They make a product that goes inbetween the Trans and Transfer. It's supposed to reduce your gear ratio like a doubler. They say it's garanteed against breakage. (Yeah Right) What do you think of this product and is it worth it? Does it do the same thing as a doubler?

Secondly: Does the Rock Ring work on a Mag-Hytec cover? Together?
  2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sep 15, 2000
    Yup, we've heard of Klune. They have a planetary gearbox that goes between the tranny and t-case, similar to our Doubler kit. Bulletproof I don't know about. I've heard of a couple of people having problems with them.
    Biggest difficulty with them is that they work best with a round bolt pattern and a lot of the GM stuff doesn't use a round pattern. So you end up having to buy adapters in addition to the $2K for the gearbox.

I don't think any kind of rock ring will work on the mag cover, I'm not sure, but don't think so. Personally, I'm not a real fan of the rock ring, the 14 bolt has lousy clearance anyway, and the rings take up even more room. I had pretty good luck trimming the cover up high enough to where it wouldn't hang up.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.