Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Two Squeeks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Peeetah, Jul 3, 2000.

1. Peeetah

Peeetah Registered Member

I am wondering if anyone has any insights into two different squeeks that i hear on my 81 Jimmy. the first is definantly from the body, I suspect it is comming from the fiberglass shell. When i take corners or hits bumps it makes a low squeek kind of like what you would hear on an old boat. The top could be warped but I took it off and it looked pretty good. Would new weatherstrip fix it? The second problem is comming form the wheels. Basically when i drive I hear a high pitch squeek coming from wheels. I think it could be a ware indicators of the brakes. Could it be anything else? Any thoughts? I would appreciate any thoughts from anyone.

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

sounds like you nailed both problems in the head. What did ya need us for? lol

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I just put brand new semi metallic lifetime pads on the front of mine and I did not put anti squeek compound on them..and even though they are brand new they squeel constantly...

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem with my top. Unscrew all of the bolts. Then screw in the ones that go to the cab all the way and after that screw in the ones for the bad. Also a lot of times its from the seal for the back window. you can get a new one and it will probably help a lot but its expensive. I hope this helps.