Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Two things i really want

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by usmcanson, Apr 17, 2006.

1. usmcanson

usmcanson Registered Member

Okay i think this is pretty common in the 87 k5... My power windows suck. If anyone has any information that would help me out as to switching to regular hand powered windows i would be very happy.

Another question that i have is that someone had told me they put a serpentine pulley system on there 88 blazer....can this be done? If so i want to do it. Never got to see it but it would be great.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

On the window issue, depending on how pretty you want the truck to look, buying a set of manual doors is probably easier. If you have a common interior/exterior color scheme, you might get lucky, if your paint is still factory.

You could do the swap, it's all a bolt in, but you'd essentially need two doors to donate all the guts anyways, might as well find a couple of nice doors and just bolt them on complete.

3. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You could replace the motors too. That and make sure everything is adjusted right and lubed up that would fix them too.

4. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

Sometimes popping the door panels and just cleaning oxidation and corrosion of the electrical connections and switches, cleaning to dirt off the regulators, lubing up the pivots and that sort of thing can make a huge difference in the way of up/down speed. Mostly only your own labor time.

5. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I did the manual swap on mine. It only took me part of an afternoon to do both doors. The manual window crank rod came right through the door panels where the switches were. I didn't have to cut or trim anything to put them in. Just make sure you get all of the bolts with the manual regulators. :D

As far as teh serpentine swap goes, it is a bolt on, but you have to get the accessories from teh serp set too. You also have to move your alternator wires around and get the AC hoses for a '88 to '91 K5 and get a reverse flow water pump. That's a standard water pump on the trucks that came with a serp. setup. I'm sure there's more to it, but hopefully someone else will chime in about it.

Rick