Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Two Thumbs Up for BFG A/T KOHO's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Canuck, Nov 7, 2000.

1. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

Two Thumbs Up for BFG A/T KOHO\'s

Well, up here in Brandon Manitoba Canada, We have had a `sh!t load of snow and all roads and hiways are totally ice covered. Most of the hiways are closed this morning.
    The Blazer was in 4-hi and with the BF Goodrich All Terrain Koho's on it that I bought this summer. That truck bites the snow and ice.
    Excellent traction, great steering, and no problem busting through the drifts. I will highly recommend them.

Of coarse there on the best truck ever built. The Blazer is awesome out there.

My staff are pissed of though. I told them if they can't get to work, the Blazer and I will be around to pick them up.

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home

2. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

Re: Two Thumbs Up for BFG A/T KOHO\'s

Sounds great, what size tires and wheels you runnin?

3. Chewy

Chewy 1/2 ton status

Good to hear. I am running 35x14.5 Mickey Baja's on my truck and it snowed here in Colorado over the weekend. These tires sucked on the ice. I was thinking of getting some BFG AT's and now I know I need to. I'll probably go with the 35x12.5's. I can't wait to get them. Did you get your's siped? I think I am going to do it to mine.

[​IMG] '87 Beast
    Colorado, USA

4. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

There are only 31's by 10.5's. I'm not into the lift thing. I've tried to keep my Blazer factory original. I was reading the posts regarding the siping of the tires. If you look at the A/T's there are actually siped from the factory. They are not huge cuts, but all the middle treads are cut. I thought why bother, and like I originally posted, they work excellent as is.

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

After 3 winters in Pennsylvania, I would wholeheartedly endorse the BFG A/T in general, mine weren't the new KO versions but about 3 year old models. Nonetheless they work great in snow!

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com