Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tx4x4 Mega Run THIS WEEKEND!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbartman, Feb 25, 2002.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Hey y'all!!

This weekend is the big Tx4x4 Mega Run competition at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.shilohridge.com>Shiloh Ridge ORV Park</a> about an hour south of Tyler, TX.

This is a big competition with three events: sand drag, mud bog, and timed obstacle course. There are also three classes: stock (&lt;4" lift and &lt;33" tires), mild (&lt; 6" lift, &lt;37" tires, up to one locker), and wild (everything else). We currently have 125 competitors registered and are expecting about another 75-100 spectators.

We compete Saturday (supposed to be sunny and high around 64) with awards 8pm Saturday night. And then wheel all day Sunday (hi near 70 degrees!). May even do some night wheeling Saturday night.

Offroad Design, Lyons Designs, and High Angle Driveline are some of the sponsors from this board. It is going to be a kicka$$ event. Oh yeah, did I mention Four Wheeler mag is going to providing the national coverage (will be in July 2002 issue - they already committed)?

Come on out for some FUN, great WEATHER, and great WHEELING!

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!

2. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

i'll be there-

look for the red stock tacoma down in the back center of the field where everyone camps out, under the tree hopefully.... anyway i think we're camping there....

greg

* keep the greasy side down *

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I'll be there! Can't wait!

<font color=red>Stupid people shouldn't tell other stupid people how not to be stupid</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

4. muddin4fun

ttt

<font color=red>Stupid people shouldn't tell other stupid people how not to be stupid</font color=red>

5. coolhandluke

coolhandluke 1/2 ton status

I'll be there too, seeing what i can break!

83 k5 originally diesel, now 350, 700-R4 12 bolt rear, 33x12.50 BFG Trails (yuck), desperately seeking a lift
    sometimes nothing is a real cool hand

6. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

it's gonna be cold at night, but with enough crown and blankets, i oughta be okay.

were any of you there last year?

greg

7. muddin4fun

no..first year for me. [​IMG]

8. muddin4fun

Will the fact that it's going to try and snow saturday gonna change anything? Or just make it more slippery [​IMG]

9. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

snow!?! damn, i guess i won't be sleeping in my hammock, no matter how drunk i am.....

messy weather will mean messy trails, and that damn iron-red dirt on EVERYTHING.... bring rain gear... bottled water.... everything you would want to bring if you knew there was no water or electricity... and some way to clean the crap off your boots before getting into your tent.... what i'm rambling about is it's gonna be muddy everywhere, so be prepared for it.... i'm bringing an EZ-up so i can chill outdoors by the fire even if it's drizzling/snowing.....

it got to like 22 here in houston last night. i was in galveston thursday and everyone was in bathing suits. it froze down there, which is a big deal...

SNOW!?! what the hell?

greg

10. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

looks like "AM showers", a low of 26, and a high of 54 for saturday...

at least that's what it says at the moment..... lovely!

i'm bringing one of those little sunflower looking radiant heaters that sit on a tank of propane, a catalytic heater, and hopefully enough firewood to make a big-ass fire.....

i'm gonna avoid situations that involve me wading through chest-deep water trying to get the strap hooked up.....

greg

11. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

doot doot doo doot..... THIS JUST IN&gt;..........

we're bringing a big-ass turkey and frying it on saturday. anyone who wants to bring something to fry in a hot pot of peanut oil, just bring it on......

also whoever wantsta camp by a bunch of loud, drunken left-the-wife-at-homers who constantly talk smack go ahead and gimme a call @ 281.850.9951.......

greg

12. muddin4fun

LOL!

We pansied out and are getting a hotel. [​IMG]. My excuse is I've been sick recently and so has Nick and we don't feel like getting sick again [​IMG].
    But, I'll have to track you down and introduce you to a freind who will be camping out there. He's...well...different...? LOL!