Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

type of 4 link for front

Discussion in 'Center Of Gravity' started by rearsteer70k5, Mar 23, 2004.

1. rearsteer70k5

rearsteer70k5 Registered Member

im building a 4 link for my truck. im going to do a triangulated 4 link in the rear. would this work in the front or should i go with the standard type 4 link front. any advantages or disadvantages with going triangulated.

Thanks rick

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Full hydro steering? If not then don't run a triangulated 4 link front. If you do your front axle will move straight up and down while your draglink creates bump steer. Run a 3 or 4 link with panhard bar and keep the panhard at the same angle and length as the draglink.

If it is full hydro then go triangulated as long as you have no clearance issues in the front with items such as driveshafts, crossmembers, oil pans, etc.

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

if you are going to go full hydro steering go with a triangulated 4-link. If you are going to keep that pesky drag-link use a 3-link with a Panhard bar. A 4-link plus a Panhard bar won't flex!(it turns the axle tube into a really thick swaybar /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif).

4. rearsteer70k5

rearsteer70k5 Registered Member

i am going with full hydralic steering. thanks for all the anwser and one more question??? where can i find 1 1/4" heim joints. Thank you rick