Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Typical scenic drive in Canada.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BobK, Jan 28, 2004.

1. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Just got back from a visit to my home town of Winnipeg,Manitoba,Canada.
    Here's an example of the beutifull drives you can take /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    [​IMG]

That's Hwy#6 heading north for you locals.
    Ya,there is supposed to be a 2 lane paved hwy there.

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

that looks identical to down her ein central IL too right now, i thought you guys up there get all kidns of snow /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

thats freakin awsome! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Who can forget those pics of last year's spring snowstorm in Labrador. Remember the ones of the 2-storey building with a drift up to it's roof?

I'll see if I can dig them up.......

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I couldn't find the pics I was looking for, but these should give you an idea of the kind of accumulations Eastern Canada sees:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also found that the Guiness Book of World Records states that Stewart, BC, holds the record for annual snowfall- they got 1199 inches(just under 100 FEET of snow) /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif in one calendar year(1973)!!!!!!!!

8. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I also found that the Guiness Book of World Records states that Stewart, BC, holds the record for annual snowfall- they got 1199 inches(just under 100 FEET of snow) /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif in one calendar year(1973)!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Yeah they were pretty bad. We dont see snow like that in Nova Scotia, but they see a whack of it in Newfoundland and labrador. They had a storm last week that was 2.5 feet! and they get a couple a month /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    these should give you an idea of the kind of accumulations Eastern Canada sees:

[/ QUOTE ]
    And tell me again why people would want to live there? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

11. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Hockey,chicks and beer.....in that order /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

If my boss saw that I'd catch some flak... 15 inches made me 4 hours late for work, I'd hate to be in that mess. But it does look like fun...

403?

13. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Hockey,chicks and beer.....in that order

[/ QUOTE ]
    Oh sorry.... You can find all 3 of those nearly anywhere! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Ah yes....but you can only find Canadian hockey,Canadian women and Canadian beer in CANADA /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Ben and Canmore:

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif