Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

U bolt reversal

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by tommy4902, Jan 17, 2006.

1. tommy4902

tommy4902 Registered Member

I have a 70 blazer and I had done the u bolt reversal to ditch the square u bolts and convert it over to round ones. When I did this I tossed the old parts. Just recently I purchased the EZ ride 6" lift kit which comes with 5 inch blocks for the rear and they sent me the square u bolts with the kit that are 14" tall. I don't have the hardware to convert it back over to that style nor do I know what those pieces are called so I can look for them online. My question is should I convert it back to original? Find some longer u bolts? or ....? I really don't have the money to do anything like get new springs or buy a shackle flip kit now but I need to be able to drive it. What do u think i should do>

2. j20m715

j20m715 1/2 ton status

Check with the company that sold you the kit see if they will swap you for the right parts.

If they wont just get u-bolts made.

3. tommy4902

tommy4902 Registered Member

I tried that but they said they only have the u bolts with the round ends in 11 and 3/4 inch length which is too short.

4. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Send 'em back and buy them from somewhere else. It seems unusual that ORD could not locate some for you, and just left you hanging.