Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

u-bolts on 10 bolt....just take a look please?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Mar 11, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I was wondering if the u-bolts for the rear 10 bolt are the same for the front? The reason why I ask this is because I bought 4 Skyjacker springs and they have 1" ORD add-a-leafs on all 4 springs(front and rear). I know I can get like a u-bolt for a 2" block lift in the rear and have that covered, but what about the front? As for the u-bolt that goes over the diff, is that normally 2" longer or more like 4"? If I can use rear u-bolts in the front, I'll have to know what size u-bolt to get for the diff. Thanks.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

Any standard U-bolt should work in the front or the rear. The only thing you have to worry about is the length. As long as the threads will allow you to tighten them completely down you should have no problem. Of course the u-bolt that goes around the diff. has got to be longer. I had installed rear blocks at first when I got my 4" lift, but then used ORD flip and had to buy all new u-bolts because the ones for the blocks didn't have enough threads to tighten them down. Plus they stuck up 6" over the axle.

85 Blazer on an 82 chassis, 6.2L Diesel, ORD flip, 35's with no cutting on a 4" lift.

3. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    actually,

the u-bolts may differ. If you even look at the front ones, there is a long one that goes around part of the pumpkin on the front. As far as if they rest of it is the same, I don't know about that. I remember when I had to replace one on the rear, the dealership asked if it was front or rear.

I don't know if that was just a question or if it really made a difference.

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez>http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez</A>