Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

u-bolts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by carolina k-5, Mar 27, 2005.

1. carolina k-5

carolina k-5 Registered Member

i tryed this once already and got no help, maybe i gave too much info. does anyone know where i can find u-bolts to accomidate 4" lift springs and 1" zero rate add a leaf. looking for something local id rather not deal with shipping.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Call around to some local shops in your area.

3. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Registered Member

I just got mine last weekend at a shop here in town. The place was called Spring Service and they rearch springs and stuff. It's just a hole in the wall place and I'm guessing just about every town has a place like it. I found it by asking a guy in a ratty old dump truck. I guess the springs sag in those things quite a bit. I got 4 u-bolts for 14ff with 4 inch lift for $20. They made them right then in about 2 min. Good luck finding somewhere.

4. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey man I had some made in Florence. Went to a trucking spring shop. Call your local trucking suppliers/shops and just ask them if they can make ubolts, if not they will know who can locally. Guys in florence charged me about $5 a ubolt and they just needed an old one for diam. and I told them the length I wanted. Made them while I waited. Took about 15mins.