Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

u guys always pull though.. need help again

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rwright07, Jan 28, 2007.

1. rwright07

rwright07 1/2 ton status

ok so life sucks... weekend b4 finals... truck wont start... left in downtwn tacoma till i get time

went to a movie and dinner we got back to our cars and i started the blazer
    (6.5TD banks, th400 ect see sig)
    it ran for liek 20 seconds stumbled, then died, started again 10 seconds stumbled then died
    then wouldnt start again...
    it cranks fine, the GP light comes on (manuel stystem)...
    damnit

this thing is suckin my bank account dry... just replaced the GP's 2 months ago, and replaced my trans cuz i bought it w/ a cracked case= $950?
    so now i have like no money

fortunatley for me i had AAA plus (100 miles free towing) given to me for xmas so i dont have to pay for the tow.....

i need to figure out whats going on w/ it... could it be a fuel delivery issue? IP?

any ideas guys?
    rick

2. rwright07

rwright07 1/2 ton status

ttt no ideas at all?

please help
    18y/o no budget HS student

3. 85burb4x4

85burb4x4 Registered Member

When was the last time you replaced the fuel filter? I had a similar situation on an 83 chevy with a 6.2.

4. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

fuel gauge work right? sounds like its out of fuel or getting air in the system. is it leaking fuel from the fuel filter? fuel pump bad? smell any diesel in the oil?

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

cold there??...

If its 20 degrees or below,your fuel might have gelled up!..you need to use Anti-Gel additives in frigid weather..

Could be air got sucked in thru a cracked hose or a pinhole rusted thru a steel line anywhere from the fuel tank to the injection pump..any air that gets in will prevent starting until its all bled out somehow..(you can read how to bleed it in the diesel section here,under "Changing a lift pump"...)

Your truck MAY have an electric pump instead of a mechanical fuel pump--if its not turning on it wont run for long,although you might get it to start--the injection pump itself can create enough suction to pull fuel from the tank,but probably not enough to drive on!..

I found a cracked hose while poking around under the hood of my '82 K20 (6.2) yesterday,good thing I noticed it,the hose clamp cut the outer layer and the cover was coming off the fuel line,the one at the filter--and I saw fuel had dripped out(and right onto the exhaust manifold too!:doah: )...I'm wondering if that is why MY truck dies out once in a while...time will tell!..:crazy:

6. rwright07

rwright07 1/2 ton status

welll damn i didnt know what else to do so i took it to the most reputable diesel shop around... at least 200 he said.... F%^k me
    o well hopefully things will work out... how much are 16" newish clean alloys worth... maybe i could sell my wheels n buy steelies to offset the cost.. btw set of 5

7. 84 K5 4x4

84 K5 4x4 1/2 ton status

We had a similar situation about a week ago with a hmvv and it was out of fuel

8. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I sounds like your gelled up or your fuel pump is toast.....

9. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

Sounds like air in lines (broke line), gelled up, or no fuel.