Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

u guys got any tips on exhaust

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jj4465, Aug 1, 2003.

1. jj4465

jj4465 Registered Member

hey guys..well i think my first mod will be the exhaust...i was just wondering what some of u guys have...i want mine pretty damn loud....i was thinkin just straight pipes..no muffs..nothing...and lettin them come out the back? or would a couple glasspacks be loud also...i want the blazer pretty loud so..you guys have any suggestions...thanks

2. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

Eastern Colorado, jokingly referred to as Western
    I've tried a few different setups. For LOUD, I ran a set of dual 2 1/2 inch pipes (Colorado so you need to run the skinnier pipes), with an X crossover, and dual Flowmaster 40's. According to the Flowmaster catalog, the 40's are designed for people that WANT TO HEAR their exhaust inside the cab.
    Before the Flowmaster 40's the setup had Cherry Bombs, and they were loud, but they didn't sound right, too wimpy.
    I fooled around with the same X crossover and then 2 straight pipes exiting in front of the rear wheels, and that was so loud, that Johnny Law pulled me over 3 times in 1 month.
    Never been pulled over with the Flowmaster setup, and when you punch the gas, she screams, and even at idle it will wake the neighbors up.
    Good luck.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jj4465

jj4465 Registered Member

i just got the blazer yesterday, so i havent really looked at it much..but i looked underneath it..and its got dual but they are real rusty...and they got some sort of muffs on it...but they are cut off underneath..i would say pry teh back seat underneath the truck....it looked to be true dual..but not positive..i was wanting to just have 2 straight pipes..no muffs..nothing on em..and have them come out the back....or glasspacks...didnt really think of muffs..such as flowmaster..i was thinkin they restricted the sound...

4. cris

cris Registered Member

I have a burb 350 TBI I have dual true dual no cats and glass packs it's defanatly louder than stock But I would say go with the set up SLAYER said I think mine needs that ballsy lower rumble and make sure you don't get the 3 chamber flow master they are quiet as [I love Jeeps] thats what I bought before all this. Oh yeah! I live in tx there are more illegal things on my truck than I can list but the fuzz never say a thing they are pretty lax here if you do start chopping away cats make sure you can still drive in your area and I have been passing inspection for at least 4 years
    exhaust, one lisence plate (not lit up), all emissions, I once got pulled over for driving with ten lights on but they let me go /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    i was wanting to just have 2 straight pipes..no muffs..nothing on em..and have them come out the back.

[/ QUOTE ] You might have a problem with exhaust getting inside the truck if you run it strait back. I don't know why it happens, just that it can. I'd do your lift first, becouse some rear suspension mods interfear with the exhaust.

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well..put some headers on it first of if you dont have them. then go from there..

7. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

turn downs are louder though. echos off the ground. As for exhaust in the truck yes I have been in a blazer with that setup. I think the turbulence that is created by the back of the blazer sucks it in or something.

8. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Yea I would put some headers on it, If you just want it loud and its stock get 2½ pipe mabe a crossover and no mufflers or cats run it where ever you want to but dumps will probably be the loudest(but on a blazer the fumes will sucks) I have also heard if you run with the window down exuast out the back will let alot of fumes in But if you put them after the rear wheels its a good place, also before the rear wheels if im not misstaken the shorter the exuast the louder

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Flowmaster One Chamber......... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

10. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

OPEN HEADERS!!!!!!!!!

11. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Just had to do it....

[​IMG]

Or for the import in you:

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Sorry! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

-Dan

12. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

CRAP, I was JUST getting ready to post a smart-ass comment like that /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif.

13. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

that it is alot louder. Im running 5" tips

14. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

2-chamber 40 sereies Flowmasters that's what I run and they are loud and sound better than glasspacks

15. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

right now i have straight pipes w/no cats, and they stop at the back of my front seats...pretttttty loud, but when I see cops I just kinda pugg around...soon I'm gonna get them dumped into the ground to make it louder...

In mckinney, theres trucks louder than mine, like the farmtrucks, but nobody says anything to you