Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

u-haul or stay put

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 55Willy, Jan 4, 2004.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

simple late night typing.

I have a option of moving to Boise, ID. or staying here . I'll get more info tomorrow on the newjob offer but it would be making way more then I do now.

I'v been at my current job for 18 months been assistant manager for 6 or more. of all the people who have left the company recently all have been offered more to stay. about the only way to get a raise around here is to say your leaving.LOL

-Jeremy

what to do???

2. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

YESS .|..

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Is the new job with your existing company? Either way, do you feel comfortable enough to talk to your boss? Might be worth it.

Moving to advance your job status/career sometimes is the only way to get ahead. I've moved 3 times for work, all were worth it in the end, but it's a pain in the arse usually. Family considerations are important too, need to ask yourself if you want to move to a new area away from your dad at this point.

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

the move would be for a company selling electrical goods (switches, boxes, lights...)
    it's for the company where my brother works.

looking at getting paid the same I do now but...

1) the cost of living there is lower
    2) weekends off
    3) less work (going back to a 40 hour week)
    4) commission (last month my brother pulled in $2200 in commision
    5) SNOW!
    6) I'v lived here since the day i was born. (time for a change)

The move would take place around the 1st part of March
    gives me the time here to get the wagon and burb squared away and all my ducks in a row.

Frank-

My dad goes to the hospital in the morning for his final week of chemo. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the move would be for a company selling electrical goods (switches, boxes, lights...)
    it's for the company where my brother works.

looking at getting paid the same I do now but...

1) the cost of living there is lower
    2) weekends off
    3) less work (going back to a 40 hour week)
    4) commission (last month my brother pulled in $2200 in commision
    5) SNOW!
    6) I'v lived here since the day i was born. (time for a change)

The move would take place around the 1st part of March
    gives me the time here to get the wagon and burb squared away and all my ducks in a row.

Frank-

My dad goes to the hospital in the morning for his final week of chemo. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Might be a great thing then, always good to take out on your own for a while............and all the good points sound pretty /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Sounds like your dad is fighting this well - our thoughts and prayers are with ya bud. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

7. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

well it does sound like it has good points but is it worth moving away from all your friends and family and everything you own I know how that goes i did it you know that, It is hard at first but you gotta remember you are going to need a house I know you an apartment isnt going to work for you expessially with all your crap lying around (like me) anyway thats just my 2 cents.
    rick
    - ,y new page (still under construction)

8. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Rick-
    the only time I see my friends is if they come into my store. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    hell Grant, you and I went out more in the weeks you guys were here then my other friends and I in the last year.

I'm also leaving my coupe and possible the wagon here.

Gee...what to pack...
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

well maybe you should come p here and live i will have an empty room soon and I am always going out and having a good time plus it would be cool to have someone else here who likes workin on rigs so keep that in mind too......

10. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i already told ya man, move your fat ass down here. but now im moving, so ya cant. oh well....
    he he he...
    i need to go out to a bar again here soon....you comming? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Grant