Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

u-joint and shock mount parts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by coolhandluke, Aug 26, 2003.

1. coolhandluke

coolhandluke 1/2 ton status

I need to replace the u-joint in the front drive shaft of an 8 lug 10 bolt, anybody know what the part # is or where to get one? none of the local stores say they have them.

also, I just swapped a 14 bolt into the rear, but the shock mounts don't match up. where can I get some shock moutns to weld on?

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i can get you a good used pair of shock mounts 14 bolt FF 1974 pickup 3/4 ton

want them ?

3. coolhandluke

coolhandluke 1/2 ton status

I think the problem is that they came from a pickup. Does a 3/4 ton truck have teh shock mounts on the same side as a blazer? does a 1 ton? that's what got me in the position in the first place.

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

3/4 ton 4x4 truck has the same shock mounts as your K5. 1-ton mounts are flipped front and back. 2wd mounts hang a little lower.

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

front ujoint from napa for an 84 K10=369....thats for the front shaft joint at the pumpkin..both joints for the rear shaft are 534g if you have inside clips..