Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

U-joint going out

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SF87K5, Feb 17, 2003.

1. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Well I was driving to work last thurs and my rear u-joint on my drive shaft/pinon yoke blew out on me. I replaced the u-joint and when I started to drive it home from work it did it again. I looked on the yoke on my 14 B FF and noticed the lil lips that are on both sides of the yoke. One of mine has been rubbed clean off. So now I need to get a new yoke. They are not cheap, the only place I can get on around here is the dealer for $129.50 new. None of the about 20 plus junk yards I called will take one off of an axle for me. So I am hoping I can get one from High Angle Drive Line and go with the 1410 u-joints. Then when I get the rest of the money get there hole drive line set up front and rear.
    The really bad news is I cant drive my K5 for at least 2-4 weeks. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I am going to go insane /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif see its already starting.