Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

U-Joints for Arizona Drivelines?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Sandman, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I am trying to change out the u-joints on my set of drivelines from Arizona Drivelines. The trouble that I am having is what u-joints for the CVC? I've made three trips to the parts store and I finally found one that fits but is not big enough. One side is longer than the other side. Anybody run these and know what I need to get? Thanks.

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

are they both conversion joints or just one?

3. Sandman

It looks to be that both joints are conversions. The driveline side and the yoke side are a match for the size and length of the Dana 60 small u-joint. The coupler side of both joints are like a good 1/4" longer. I wonder if this was done for the larger angle that they are supposed to run. When I bought them I was under the impression that they were standard joints for the CVC of the front of a stock Chevy. The ones that I bought did not work at all. I am going to call them today to find out WTF.

4. Sandman

Found the answer. They use Neapco part# 1-0134 u-joints. Napa has them for $17.

5. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

I have to say that is quite the gay driveline set up- 1310-1330 to acheive more angle- oscar has got to get more innovative-