Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

U.S. currency discriminates against blind people!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Nov 29, 2006.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i watched it on the news today . i didn't get the whole story as i was picking up electrical supplies for work and watched it in thier showroom.they want to make all the bills a different size for each dollar amount?WTF?? the asshats starting this need thier own island, instead of leppers it could be the PITA island.:haha:

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

From what I understand they do alot of hoping that they get an honest person and the correct change. At least thats the way it used to be...

3. boggerless

that part i understand Rob, but when will the PC stop? one of the news anchors questions was "what about all the vending machines having the same size slot for the bill'?"are all those going to be changed?'i'm all for making life easier for those with disabilaties but there has to be a line where its not cost effective.:dunno: i have walked a blind guy across the sreet a few times.he waits in the gas station an asks people.he can do it himself i think hes just lonely.and one of my neighbors is a vietnam vet that sits in his moms backyard yelling stuff all day. the new neighbors are scared of DAVE :laugh: but he is acctualy a cool guy to talk to.he always thanks me for "THE WORDS". poor guy.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I think they can get some sort of personal scanner that'll tell them what bill it is now that I think about it, maybe that was just what they were working on awhile back...

5. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

It's also discriminatory towards the following groups:
    - Athiests
    - Anarchists
    - Arithamophobes (Those with fear of Numbers)
    - Ornithophobes (Those with fear of birds)
    - Chrometophobes (Those wtih fear of money)
    - Papyrophobes (Those with fear of paper)
    - Verbophobes (Those with fear of words)

I think we should make money out of something other than paper, with no words or numbers, no eagle, and make it not be money, that way we don't offend anyone.

6. boggerless

she also braught up the money spent on changing the curency to make it harder to counterfit.hell i'd go for a small tax to make it easier. a scanner would be cool.my ex boss walked the dood across the street once. the dood borrowed money off him to go to a resteraunt.Dan said he should of told him it was a fifty instead of the twenty he gave him , to see the dood bust up the place.:rolleyes: :laugh:

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'm offended by that...:haha:

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

in canada they put lines of dimples on the bills so they can tell them apart, and then theres the coins, edges are different

9. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

They figured out how to put a metal strip in the paper. They should be able to figure out how to put permanent braille bumps on the corners.

Scanners would be cool, but someone else would sue against having to buy it, having to carry it, yada yada yada.

That's my .02

10. boggerless

:haha: :haha: its comming.we use debit cards now. but if the power goes out we are fooked.remember when the whole east coast was without power??i thought my brother in law was gonna commit suicide.he didn't even have the cash for toilet paper.:laugh:

11. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

yeah, what mtmike said... im aithiest, and do you see me on the news complaining about what other people believe in?? no, i respect it, actually, i respect it alot. i guess im not the kind of person that absolutely hates religion, im the kind of person that respects that you "bielieve" in god, or whomever your "person(s) of higher power" are.

just my 2 cents.

12. boggerless

no **** DAVE?? thats cool.:thinking: i just thought of a comedian,he was talking about brail in the drive up ATM.he said if he ever saw someone standing there he was gonna drive up and knock em down. then get out,put thier hand on the grill of his car and say"thats brail for go the **** inside".:haha: :haha: i'm sorry that i think thats funny.:o

13. boggerless

some of the outta control lawyers need to go bye bye.:angry1: they cause all this strife.

14. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

You can do it the Ray Charles way and request that all money given to you is in $1 bills.

Slow way to do it, but you won't get ripped off.

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I think they should just confiscate ALL of the $ from anyone who ever complains about what the money looks like... or what is says on it. If you really hate 'eplurbus unum" and "in god we trust" that much, then lets just take that offensive money off your hands! Same goes for blind people.

j