Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

U.S wheels?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Oct 26, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

how good...i know they are cheaper steel wheels..but the price is really good and they look good..just wondering what anyone else thought or have used them befor..im thinking bout buying some for my truck..it needs new tires bad and had two different kinds of rims on it...

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I have US Wheel White Trackers on mine. 15x10 8 lug. They are good as far as being straight and true but the finish was not the best. It didn't matter to me since I planned to paint them. I first painted them silver and now they are black.

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

im thinking about the black ones..or chrome ones..what do you think the chrome ones would be like?

4. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Like these Chrome Spokes?
    [​IMG]
    Bill

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I wasn't sure about the quality of US Wheel, so I just bought a set of Cragar Chrome Spokes. Jeg's sells 'em for about $10 more per wheel than the US Wheel from Summit. Cragar has been around forever and has always had a good reputation so I coughed up the extra bucks. They're on Cragar's website at www.cragar.com as the style 315. Jeg's calls them the Nomad II style.

6. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

if you dont clean them right away after wheeling in mud they rust on the chrome ones.thats what i had and i painted them black.they dont bend real easy.i do have a couple of gouged spots from hittin rocks but the beed is pretty strong.its a good cheap wheel.i just bought more for my 8 lug conversion.the white wagons but they too will be painted black.

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea like those but i want the sawblade style ones...i wouldnt be mudding that often anyway..my truck will mostly be a pavment pounder anyway..but ill go muddin when ever i get a chance..but cheap is good for me right now!..they sound pretty good so far..i think pepboys sells them too..i could take a run over there tomorrow or somethin..while im out trying to get a sawzall to rent lol..

8. Tweetysuarus

Trick too keep them nice before & after mudding, alittle oil on them before you go wheelin and that works most anything that doesn't produce mass heat that you don't want to scrub the H3LL out of after muddin, works for me.
    Bill

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

cool thanx!

10. Tweetysuarus

Not a Prob, Just trying to help.
    Bill

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

what kind of paint did you paint your blazer with..im looking for a color for mine and i like that a lot!

12. Tweetysuarus

I used leftover paint from my friends body shop...alittle red,black,orange,green and a lot yellow Fawked up mix,couldn't match it if my life depended on it! LOL! So needles to say if and when I paint it again, It'll be complete paint over again!
    Bill

13. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hmmm do you have any idea what would be close to it i like that shade..

14. Tweetysuarus

Just go around and check out the paint stick samples and find the color you really like, It's gotta please only one person and that person would be you!
    Bill

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm kinda old style, I still like the Cragar

310 Series Nomad I

16. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I never have liked the white spokes. Probably 20 years ago a company called Jackman Wheel made a wheel that I really liked. It was called the Gunspoke. The center of the wheel was painted gunmetal gray and the outer rim was chromed. They really looked sharp. But the company went out of business before I could afford a set. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

17. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

Ive got two sets of the chrome us wheels....They seem to do Pretty decent, Just get some really fine steel wool when you buy them...If you dont know why now, It will quickly become apparant. But to me....the slight rust your forever cleaning was worth the huge difference in price to some of the others. Also...Check junk yards... The one set that I had to replace I got thru a junk yard...Set of 4 for $10.00. I got a couple extras just incase of bendage, but all 6 were OK!! Yes I understand the theroy of Cheap Is Good! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

18. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

wow thats a good deal! guess i will have to go scroungin around the yards lol... have a feeling ill be making a lot of trips there anyhow..but yea i think ill give these wheels a shot...