Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

uahhh? ummm? Duh? what's the difference between...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by _DeeVee8_, Jul 26, 2000.

1. _DeeVee8_

_DeeVee8_ 1/2 ton status

uahhh? ummm? Duh? what\'s the difference between...

I must be a real dumbass for asking this question...
    But I believe my truck has a replacement engine in it.. I just got it recently and the stock numbers don't match up.

So ..I'm trying to find out if it's the original stock 305 engine or its a 350 replacement? Whats the significant differences and how can I tell?

I'm really, really really sorry for asking this-- but I think it'lll amke the differnce when I go for top and bottom engine parts...

(it looks like a 305 to me but the valve covers are not stock and the oil pan isn't stock either)

-all comments insults greatly appreciated, i think? d'oh!

"You tried your best and you failed miserably.The lesson is, never try" [​IMG]

2. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Re: uahhh? ummm? Duh? what\'s the difference between...

This isn't a dumb question. It gets asked often. Get the casting # off the block. The # should be on front of the block close to where it meets the head. After you get the # go to http://www.mortec.com and this should tell what you really have.

Shawn
    87 K5

3. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Re: uahhh? ummm? Duh? what\'s the difference between...

I don't believe there are any visual external differences between a 305 and 350, i think it's all internal

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout