Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ubolts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mud Bath, Jun 26, 2001.

1. Mud Bath

Mud Bath Registered Member

Are the oe ubolts on my 88 gonna be long enough if i install 4 in lift springs on the front. oe springs 2 leaves, 4" springs 4 or 5 leaves (cant remember). i know this is probably a stupid or redundant ? but what is the torque on front and rear ubolts? Also what is the torque on the spring eye bolts and steering arm nuts? any help is greatly appreciated.

88 fixin to sit 4" higher on my new 33's!

2. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

No , they will not be long enough and even if they did you should always replace them. Now these torque numbers are all goin off memory so anyone feel free to correct me. U bolts are 150 ft lbs and should be retorqued periodically after the initial torque ( with the weight of the truck on them ). i believe the front spring eye bolt is 90 lbs and the rear eyebolt is 50. This is for the front springs. I dont know about the rear springs. The steering arm is 90 lbs and locktite should be used and I would check the torque on these every once in a while too.

82 K5, 6.2L Diesel, sm465, np205, 14 bolt welded, 8 lug 10 bolt lock right, 410 gears, 35" Mud Kings
    SPEAK SOFTLY AND DRIVE A BIG TRUCK

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

The greasable bolts/poly bushing kits that ORD sells says 50 lbs on all the bolts..............?

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com>http://www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com</A>

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have always tightened all of them as tight as I could get them, both springs and U-bolts. I figure they can never be tight enough.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

5. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

The lift I just put on this weekend said 100-120 for the u-bolts. But I simply tightened them as tight as possible. I could only get them to about 120!

85 GMC Jimmy, 305 w/TH700-NP208, 4" lift, 32X11.5 BFG ATs, 15x10 Eagles, Smittybuilt tube nerf bars and bumbers