Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

UCP Charity Ride 2003...who is going this year???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yunit, Mar 1, 2003.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I am trying to see who is going to make it out to this years event. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif I think this years event is going to totally rock /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, there are a lot of people putting in overtime on their rig's /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif and that means more people on the big trails /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

Hopefully the man that is putting it together (wayne); mostly put together by his wife Donna, can get that new lunchbox /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif of his trail ready by event time. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I'll be there! Already have it on the calendar.. NO quads this year.... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif will be alive.....haven't quite decided if she's gonna be on a trailer behind /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif or if she'll make it on her own........

time will tell!

Brandy

3. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I'm sure I'll be there with the guys from my club. If all goes well I'm hoping (praying is more like it) to be on 1 tons and 42's by then. No more snapping stub shafts half way up M-trail! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

WooHOO I'm ORANGE!! That was fast considering I paid thursday night! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

What's the date on the trip again? If it's in July or August, I should be able to go. I'm going in June so my truck will have to be Paragon-ready by then.

What level trails are you guys planning on running?

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

August 8-10th

Brandy

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I would like to see if Michelle and I could make it down. The only drawback is we will probably bring her blazer which is completely STOCK. We won't be doing the trails, but more of a meet and greet (might be able to get some quads though).

8. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

last year wayne did it with a stock k5
    and i will be ther with the ramjet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Donna's K5 was stock- they're quite a few "stock" trails...of course we had the quads- but most of our fun came from watching everyone on the M trail.

quads were a blast- you can go on any trail they have..there are no restrictions- and the mud was well- lets just say "fun".

Brandy

10. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

Ill be there Pete, as well as Ryan and his Dad and Stockbob.
    Ryans dad just picked up some built axles for his yj, My 454 is going in soon, andI should be at least 3/4 ton by then but i probably can be 1 ton, ryan just got his 63"s in, he'll be done his peice soon.

As soon as i get the motor in i will make an appointment with you to cut my fenders. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Later on man.

--Matt

11. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

I know there ARE stock trails cause I've been there. But I don't wanna go and wheel with a bunch of people I don't know cause you guys are doing Blue 3 and Black trails. Just trying to get a feel for the trucks that are going.

12. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">I'll be there, but this year I will actually have my Blazer. I'll probably bring along a couple locals too

13. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Donna's K5 was stock- they're quite a few "stock" trails..

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me at em'!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

14. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="blue">I'll be there, but this year I will actually have my Blazer. I'll probably bring along a couple locals too

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we bring non-K5 people too? I have a friend who might like to go. He can run trails about the same as I can.

15. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

there was people there "non ck5"....heck I wasnt even clad in a blazer- I believe I speak for Wayne and Donna (sorry if I'm wrong) but all people are welcome! All monies raised are donated to a charity- and the more the merrier

Brandy

16. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

It is not a strictly K5 event, anyone is welcome to wheel. Wayne will be there in a Jip this year.

17. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I'll be there I think. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Actually I should have 2 rigs there, my Heep and Donna's K5. This is open to any 4wd vehicle from stock to tube buggy. I am hoping to have a guide for red trails which will most likely be open to trailered vehicles only. This year's event is going to kick ass. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

I just found this post!! (I'm a little slow these day's) /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif We will be there. I'm not sure what we will have or if we will have 1 or 2 vehicles there but we will be there. (For all the details on this...see my post in the non 4x4 forum.)

For those that don't know, this is going to be a 2 day event again. This year will be a little different then last year. The dates are Saturday August 9th and Sunday August 10th. We will likely be up there the 8th just to get the best spot at the camp ground (LOL!!!) This year this is being held at 2 different locations. Saturday is being held at Paragon and Sunday is being held at a new place that will be opening up the first weekend in April. It is called Rausch Creek. Our 4x4 club (as well as others) have a great deal opf time wrapped up in this new park. We helped cut the trails and several members are there almost every week.

As far as the trails....my k5 is stock and was last year when we took it. We only owned it 2 weeks when we hit the trails with it. There was some serious damage to other rigs ...and yes, even mine took on minor damage. Overall...we had a blast. I am psyched and can't wait. This year we won't have the kids so we will be able to enjoy ourselves a lot more.

If anyone needs any more info, email me personally or IM me here.

19. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we bring non-K5 people too? I have a friend who might like to go. He can run trails about the same as I can.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!!!!!! Our 4x4 club will be there and there are only 2 k5's in the whole bunch. This ride is open to all vehicle makes and is open to everything from stock to heavily modified and everything in between. Last year we raised nearly $1200 for charity and we hope to raise that and more this year.

20. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">How far is Rausch Creek from Paragon?