Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

UCP Charity Trail Ride 2003 ****UPDATED 7/17****

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by Donna, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Official Post...

When: August 9 & 10

Where: Aug 9 Paragon Adventure Park
    Aug 10 Rausch Creek Motor Sports Park

All vehicle makes and models are welcom. From stock to heavily modified.

We are trying to raise money for the United Cerebral Palsy Foundation.

Last year this event raised $1200. We are trying to raise that much if not more this year. Please join us!!!

*****************************************************************************

******************* JUNE 4th UPDATE ***********************************

PARAGON INFO

Paragon Rates:....$35 per Vehicle & Driver per day

$5 per passenger / per day

Trail map link...... http://paragonap.com/trailmaps.htm

Lodging Info....... http://paragonap.com/lodging.htm

Wayne and I will be going to Red Ridge. I will be calling them Friday to confirm.

Directions info..... http://paragonap.com/directions.htm

RAUSCH CREEK INFO

Directions Info..... http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/directions.asp

Trail Map.... Please keep in mind, this map changes frequently as they add new trails often. http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/maps.asp

Photo Gallery from past runs Both of the links are people from our 4x4 club http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/gallery.asp

Calander...Check out August...We are on there....http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/bb/calendar/calendar-view.asp?calendarid=1

I think I have put up everything I can think of for now. If you have any questions, Please contact me.

UPDATE 6/16

New web page designed for UCP Trail Ride. Please pass the word on to any and all friends, Family and clubs that you know of or are part of. A special thanks to Jandy and Steve (members of our club) for hosting this site for us and an extra thanks to Jandy for putting it all together. Make sure you check the web page often, as it will list sponsor info and contain updates as well.

http://www.lieblweb.com/UCP/UCP.html

Also here is a little info on a sponsor deal we worked out with Rausch Creek.

The participants will be treated as nomal wheelers to the park, and all the same pricing guidelines apply. The membership must be completed so that they are covered by insurance. The only way around that is to get seperate event coverage. You can do that if you like, but, it will cost more money and you will be responsible for the added cost. With using our current set up, we are willing to provide 80% of the vehicle and passenger income back to UCP, not including the membership fees (that goes towards insurance, and new members will be full members for a year). So, basically, for every vehicle that pays $25 to wheel, UCP will get $20. For ever rider paying $5, you get $4.

Basically, if you get 100 paying rigs, (and no riders), you will bring in $2000 from us alone.

I copied and pasted part of the email between us so that you all get the idea behind this. More updates to follow!!!!!

**************************6/29 UPDATE***************************

Well guy's & gal's a few more updates for this ride.

First we now have 2 raffles that are going on. The first is a 50/50 raffle which will coour at both parks. So if you are in attendance both days, you have 2 chances to win. The other is a prize raffle. We have a growing list of prizes which include...a certificate for an event shirt, a certificate for an event sticker, a skil 12 volt cordless drill/driver, a 100 minute long distance calling card, and an Aussie Locker (donated by the president of aussie Lockers Him self Bill Cole ) (who by the way will be in attendance). The list Has continued to grow over the last week. Things will continue to be added I'm sure.

We have also gotten final prices for the UCP event shirts and stickers. No design yet though. Jeff Lyon's is working on it for us. Shirt prices will be $15 per shirt for sizes S-XL. Larger sizes are available but are $3 per shirt more. As far as the shirts are concerned, you can have your name listed as an event sponsor for a $10.00 donation. Event stickers will have the same design as the shirts and will be available in Black or white. We will have a limited supply the day of the event, but can (and will) order more if needed. They will be $5.00 per sticker. If you are interested in pre ordering a sticker (to receive at the event) please email me and I will get yours ordered. All tshirts will need to be paid for at the time of the order since we have to pay for them when the order is placed.

If any one has any questions or has something that they would like to donate , please contact me by PM or through email. Also if you know of a company or business that has something to offer, please contact me so that I can get in touch with them.

**********************UPDATE 7/10**************************

I contacted Red Ridge Campground today. They are giving us 2 areas close together that can accomadate about 150 (or more) people. NO NEED TO PRE REGISTER When you arrive, just mention that you are there with the UCP trail ride and you will get the Paragon discount which is $10 per person per night (childfren are free). If you are bringing an RV that requires water and electtric hookup, then you need to call ahead to make your reservations!!!! This is where The Rock Dawgs (www.rockdawgs.com) stay. And this place comes highly reccommended.

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: UCP Charity Trail Ride 2003

where exactly is it at, what state and what part?

3. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Both of these locations are offroad parks, one is in Hazelton, PA (Paragon) and I believe the other is in Harrisburg, PA (Raushe Creek).

4. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

WHOOOHOOO time flys doesnt it...i will def. be there and this time im coming early and staying later...

cant wait to see last years crew back out there and all the new "toys" they have

hopefully this year well have a bigger turnout

Later

5. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

We are definatly coming this year, Which one are you and Wayne gona be at?

6. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Which one what???

7. Stickseler

[ QUOTE ]
    Which one what???

[/ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't these places kinda far apart to goto both?

8. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

how much does it cost to get in? any requirements (flags, state park stickers, etc) I would like to go if i get my truck done in time.

9. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Which one what???

[/ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't these places kinda far apart to goto both?

[/ QUOTE ]

We will be at both. Both parks are only 30 to 45 minutes apart.

10. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    how much does it cost to get in? any requirements (flags, state park stickers, etc) I would like to go if i get my truck done in time.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, there aren't any stickers involved. You will be required to purchase and run an orange flag on your vehicle at Paragon. I am working on the cost issue. I mwill post all that information shortly.

Hope to see you there.

11. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aside from the cost (which Donna said she's looking into), Paragon does very brief vehicle inspections on the following things before you can go into the park:

8. All SUV’s must have at least one tow point (example: tow hook or receiver hitch). Front and rear tow points are mandatory for higher rated trails.

9. All SUV’s must have the following: proper roll-over protection, full size spare tire (or tire large enough to get you out of the park), battery tie down (no bungee cords), seatbelts, tow point(s), trash bag for liquid spills, tow strap (within their group), flag, wristband.

Those are from their web site with 22 rules about trucks and drivers. http://paragonap.com/explore_rules.htm

Whoops, BTW, I am planning on going. As long as the truck holds together the week before at Rausch, I'll be there.

12. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">Plan on me being there only with my Blazer this time. I'm not sure if Bill will go, but I got a few more locals I can bring along

13. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Donna/Wayne-

Whats the campgound this year? I know there were some issue's with the guys from last years......

The big town wide party changed to the first weekend of August this year, so if things go okay with John and the new business- it is possible that we can make it.

My list of things to do to the truck is quite small.....
    --2 body mounts need to be put back in
    --U-joint in the rear is just waiting to go in
    --Carbs still REALLY rich, but thats okay! I like the smell of unspent fuel.

If I can get the campground name, and make reservations, I'll make him go. Just gotta find 2 small tires/rims so it will fit on the trailer, then WE'RE OFF!

I sure hope we have better luck that the trailer queen from last year! I'd hate to work on the puke for 24 hours only to load it back on the trailer and come home! BUT there is room in the bed of the truck for a quad....oi I think I just jinxed myself!

Brandy

14. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i would like to know to
    i am going to run this this year /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. Stickseler

Is this part of Cool Ryde 2003? on pg 103 of July Off Road

16. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Is this part of Cool Ryde 2003? on pg 103 of July Off Road

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

17. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

So when they say "Proper rollover protection" are they referring to a cage? Will the cab brace on my 80 K5 suffice?

18. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

9 of us hit the hardcore stuff last year and I think only 2 truck's had cages; no rollovers either, too many spotters. I will definitely have a cage in this year since I plan to go all out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I think proper roll over protection means either a roof or a cage. Nobody here should have any problems getting in with their trucks. Just make sure to have a spare, catch can for the radiator, front and rear tow points, rear is not required for stock but I do recommend them, battery is held down tight, (no bungie cord). Also no excessive leaks.

20. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    So when they say "Proper rollover protection" are they referring to a cage? Will the cab brace on my 80 K5 suffice?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure it just means if you have a fully removable top off, then you're supposed to have a cage. I don't think a stock K5 with the top on would have any problems.

They just don't want a topless Jeep with no bar rolling down a hill and completely annihilating the person inside.