Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

UCP On The Rocks, Charity Trail Ride

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wayne, Mar 27, 2002.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Is now an official event!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    It was approved last nite at the board meeting. They are excited about it and everybody loved the idea. Now the fun begins. The only thing not approved yet is the modified waiver from Paragon Adventure Park and that is because the insurance man from UCP has not let them know yet. There might be some minor changes made to it but it is not a big deal. Looks like Donna and I are going to be busy the next few months getting ready for this. The dates are August 10th and 11th and it will be at Paragon Adventure Park. http://www.paragonap.com/paragon.htm

2. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

congrats man on making what began as a dream in your head into a reality...WAY TO GO!!!

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Woohoo!! It's on!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Thanks for your hard work man!!
    Boss

4. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Sounds good! I've got 5 definite rigs from my club and probably more by the time of the ride. I think we're going to be running the hardcore trails, at least one of the days for sure, just in case you need to figure out how many guides you need. I had the name of the campground that we stay at but now I can't find it, I'll get it from one of the other guys tonight.

5. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

Is this open to all rigs or just K5's. Ive got a few friends that are interested.

6. Boss

Glad to hear there are some that will wheel the hardcore trails..(ie. Level 5 trails) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif That's what I will be running for sure /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

And to the other guy, This is open for all vehicles...not just K5's
    Boss

7. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah, we'll definetely be out there breaking our rigs with ya! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif I PRAY that Randy's Ring and Pinion has those alloy shafts in soon cause I'm gonna need em!! They got 5+ trails there now so we can do some REAL damage if we want to. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. Boss

5+....COOL!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I'm game! Yeah, I'm planning on bringing some spare parts!
    Boss

9. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

This is open to all trucks. Forgive me guy's/ga;'s for mentioning the nextt part but it needs to be said....F@rd....J**p...What ever you got ...bring it on!!!!!!!!!

10. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Somebody pinch me so that I know I'm not dreaming. Imagine my surprise when I had to read this to get the info. Wayne had me convinced that they turned us down.....the nerve of some people. LOL! ! ! I'm sure this will be lot's of fun for all of us!!!!!!!! Now the real headaches of it all begin......writing letters of solitician(sp).....sending email's.......taking notes.......etc. etc..Oh well..... it will be well worth it in the end.

11. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

Sweet guys, cant wait. mmmm, 5+ trails? Wish i could this year, the lack of a winch and the abundance of 1/2 ton axles om my truck just wont stand for it. I will have the 383 done by then though....next year, we'll see whats up.

12. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

We are hoping to have a second K5 by then. It would be nice to take my own truck. If we are that lucky(notice that real big word here) I'm sure it will only be stock but as you said......there is always next year.

13. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

i hear ya, i wont be stock by august, the lift will be here any day, and i have the big tires, but theres no way (short of me winning a lottery or having some huge inheritance,) that i will be 1 ton by august. And i sure as hell am not gonna lock 1/2 ton stuff just to ditch those axles next summer. Maybe ill weld these 1/2 ton axles....

14. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Yes this for everybody. I will see what's up for guides. I doubt I will be ready for the 5+ trails but I will do some hardcore stuff. I am going to do everything I can to have a 2nd K5 for Donna by then. My Mom and Dad should be there too. They will probably be in a rented truck since my dad got rid of his Toyota but he will tear it up in the mud I'm sure. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Maybe then he will get the itch again for another 4x4. With talking to Kyle (Paragons General Manager) we would not be suprized to see 150 trucks show up for this. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

15. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

Do we have to pre register or call Paragon or do we just show up?

Evan

16. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I would like to know in advance. I am going to be getting a sign up sheet togeather. The reason I would like to know ahead of time is so I can get stuff organizied but if you have to you can just show up. Also once the sign up sheet is up that is just going to be to preregister but if you can't make it that is fine. Boss and I already reserved the park so nobody has to pay untill they show up. Just so everyone knows you pay the park not me to get in.