Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ufc 59

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BranndonC, Apr 15, 2006.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Had a blast there! Loved it. I called every fight except the heavy weight title fight. I bought a beenie for me, a baby thing for my brother, and a girly shirt for my wife... :D

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

So jealous... :laugh:

3. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

i say meh to it...i was expecting every fight to be emaculate...but most were boreing

4. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Glad to hear you had a good time Branndon! I can't believe Silvia Beat Arlovski- what was your opinion on that fight? I'm also real suprised that Forrest made it three rounds with tito. I think Tito has lost a lot of fire/anger that made him so successful in the past.

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

ok list them who won what?

6. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I know Ortiz Beat Griffin - they went three rounds though. Silvia KO'd Arlovski! I heard Arlovski landed a good one on Tim. Tim was dropped but got up quick and then somehow caught Arlovski with a hard forearm/punch and he was out. C'mon Branndon! We need a first hand account!

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i'm leaving soon, but i'll give my quick recap....
    i'm glad nick diaz lost, the guy who fought him only lost 2 times in 35 fights. one to matt hughes, and the other to george st pierre. So i was pretty confident he would win. I was dissapointed in the arlovski vs silvia fight. I wanted a longer fight. I was rooting for arlovski. when he says his own name its so damn intemadationg... lol he's a monster. I definately want to see them fight again. my thoughts on tito vs forrest. Forrest couldn't really land much, but tito couldn't take him down other than round 1, and in round 3 he took down at the end, but he didn't keep him down at all, they got right back up. Even when forrest was on bottom, he was throwing more elbows and punches then tito... I think forrest won rounds 2 and 3, but tito was really hurt. He was totally limping from his torn ACL after the fight. It supprises me what nice guys most of the people are. Like chuck lidell, matt hughes, and a few other big names would stop anywhere and take pictures with fans who asked. A 5 minute bathroom trip probably had 30 posed pictures in it for them. anyway it was awesome seeing these guys slug it out in real life. When they went to the ground you had to watch the big screens most of the time because you cant really see whats going on when there rolling around.

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Wow Branndon, you're my hero! Where did you sit?

The andre vs tim fight was amazing how it turned around at the end!

9. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

oh my god what an upset. I would have lost money for sure on that fight if I had bet on it. Andre just got cought with the right punch. if he had not got cought it would have been good night for Tim. in a rematch I would still bet on Andre, he crushed Tim with that right, just didn't put him completly to sleep. I think Forest is just great. what a sportsman he is. he admitted he lost fair and square but was still ready for more rounds. so glad Diaz lost, thats three in a row....as Bart Simpson says, "aah haa".

10. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

that's nelsons quote ! lol i agree. I want rematches of both fights. even though i think tito will own him when he's fully healed. It would still be a great fight. Forrest is one of my fav fighters. I hate seeing him loose

11. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

BrandonnC,
    Those were some great fights. I have to agree with Branndon Tito lost the fight but they gave it to him anyways. It seemed like his only game plan was to knock him to the floor and beat him that way. He was at a loss standing up. Griffin in my opinion should have won. With the silvia fight, that was a great fight it seemed that the pitbull had him in round 1 but silvia landed a nice punch on the jaw to Arlovski and he was knocked out. Silvia just went to the town with him. Overall they were all great fights except one of them. I was surprised to see how many girls were there. There were a lot of them, everywhere I turned I saw girls.

12. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

I went to san diego sunday and i had my UFC beenie on and brianne had her "I love UFC" shirt on. We got comments from a lot of people, about 4 girls and 1 guy (all working at where ever we happened to be) One had no idea what UFC was, it was hard explaining it.She finally settled on "like karate and kick boxing?" lol