Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ufc 61

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by K5Greek, Jul 9, 2006.

1. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

anyone watch it? i was diapointed..i missed the first fight but i heard it was bloody from everyone else who told me how good the fight i had to miss was... but on the two main fights tito vs ken and sylvia vs arvloski(sp?) i was disapointed.. i mean i wanted tito to win and i knew he was but they should have let him actually knock out ken since i mean... they do hate each other.. and sylvias fight was horrible...almost fell asleep.
    anyone else disapointed? and i think my friend got ripped off cause supposedly there was supposed to be more fights besides the 4 or 5 he saw?

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

yeah i watched it, wasn't great at all, first bloodt fight was good, that was it i think.

3. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

yeah the first fight was definatly the best of the night.

Tito v Shamrock probably could have been let go alittle longer, but Tito definatly had shamrock down and out.

4. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I'm a new fan of this sport. A buddy of mine watches it so I turned it on one night and they were showing the first fight b/t Tito and Shamrock. I then got into the UF 3 show where they were coaches. I really don't know enough about the two of them to know which one I wanted to win. I'm usually for the "good" guy but don't know which one of these it is. Ken seems like a nice guy, but maybe a little "pouty" since he's getting old and still trying to hang on. Tito seems like a great fighter but not a very good sportsman. I don't mind celebrating a victory but seems like he tries to degrade his opponent. I may have him wrong but if that is the case then I don't have too much respect for that. To me a great sportsman wins but shows class in doing it. I have to say I do enjoy watching it though.

5. JOEDEZZY

JOEDEZZY 1/2 ton status

Yeah we paid for that crap too, first fight was good but after that i wanted a refund. I agree that Ortiz had Shamrock but the Ref should have let it go further, I mean they let that first guy lose about 7.5 pints of blood on the mat but when Shamrock cant get his hands up faster then Ortiz was throwing elbows into his head they stop the fight, and its not like it was excesive or anything, he got 3 elbows in and they stoped it. BS. And on the last fight everyone literally feel asleep, the only reason I know who won was because there was one guy out of the six of us who mannaged to keep his eyes open through the match.

6. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

7. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

maybe I'm missing something but it didn't look like the fight should have been stopped. had I payed for the pay-per-view I would have been very unhappy with that decision.

8. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

I didn't agree with the call at first but after looking at the replays you can tell he was dazed and was not defending himself. You can also see that Ortiz cut Shamrock on the side of the head and was dripping blood. I don't like the call but I have to agree with the ref's decision. The "pitbull" and Sylvia fight was the worst ever. Can't wait for November when Chuck fights that guy from PRIDE. I don't remember his name but he is really good eventhough ORtiz knocked him out before. This should still be a great fight.

9. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

the name you are looking for is Vanderlay Silva (not sure on the spelling of his first name)

Crazy fighter though.

10. 81K5GUY

81K5GUY 1/2 ton status

Yeah I wasted my $40 too,worst ppv I have seen from the UFC

11. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

yea tito is a little bit of a showboat but i think he backs it up.. shamrock was andstill is agood fighter but i think itshis time to go...after one more fight with tito:D only problem i have with shamrock is i think hes going a little crazy.. during the UF3 tito would just sit there and smile or something and shamrock would get his panties in a bunch

12. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

thing is in ufc once your unable to defend yourself or you show no attempt ofstopping the hits they end the match...but i think since these guys hate each other so much they shoudlve allowed a little more to happen tho

13. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I was reading on the UFC site today and it seems that this rivalry has pretty much run it's course. They said Shamrock has LOST 5 of his last 6 fights, and Tito will continue to pursue the title. He's going up and Shamrock is no doubt going down.

14. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

yeah, worst ufc ever, i wanted shamrock to win cuz ive liked him since i was a wee lad, and he's not a douchebag like Tito, and i dont know about the other 3, but 3 of the last six shamrock opponents have been against championship belt holders, or soon to be belt holders (Rich Franklin and Tito twice), and that's hard to beat. and the Arlovski fight sucked. personally, i think Tim keeps getting lucky, he just has heavy hands, and a big 'ol reach, and both of them were afraid of the others' knock-out punch.... owell..