Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

UFC 63 HUGHES vs. PENN TONIGHT

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rdn2blazer, Sep 23, 2006.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

should be a good fight. Hughes has allready avenghed his loss to Penn but in a non title fight. tonight its for the belt. the return of Jens Pulver, the only one to hold the light weight belt before the UFC eliminated the light weight devision. he is a bad ass striker who beat Penn a long time ago. so the class is rich with tallent.

I say Hughes in a decision takes it.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
  2. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

I've seen UFC before, but I prefer boxing. I don't know why, I guess it's just because I've seen all the Rocky movies. I've heard rumors that UFC's starting to make boxing die a slow death. I really hope that isn't true. Boxing's more interesting to watch from a strategy standpoint to me, and it really looks awesome to see women boxing too.

3. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Are you on crack? Watch a couple more UFC fights, and the idea that boxing has more strategy will go right out the window! Boxing is dancing without a shirt on...

4. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

from a strategy stand point you cant beat UFC. you are talking many disciplines, boxing is only one demensional. two each his own though.

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

you going to do a play by play?

6. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

im not sure if its done yet but can you let me know who wins? hope its hughes...yea i gaurentee any boxer that tried to fight in ufc would get dismantled.. and i thought this match was in october for some reason?

7. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

october 10th is tito vs shamrock on spike. that may be the one your thinking of.

8. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Hughes won in the 3rd. Knocked him out and proceeded to whip him. I wish I could have seen it but I was stuck on the ship (duty) and they wouldnt get the match on Pay Per view.

I love UFC. Watch every one I can. Boxing used to be fun to watch but there really arent many good fighters anymore that are fun to watch. The last few big matches I have seen were a waste of my time. UFC has MUCH more strategy. You dont just have to watch for punches coming at you cushioned by 16oz gloves, you get kicked, choked, kneed, punched, slammed, and elbowed. Matt Hughes rules.

Hope the Next Tito/Shamrock fight is at least 2 rounds. I would love to see Ken get beat down for 10 good minutes.

9. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Hughes won in the 3rd. Knocked him out and proceeded to whip him. I wish I could have seen it but I was stuck on the ship (duty) and they wouldnt get the match on Pay Per view.

I love UFC. Watch every one I can. Boxing used to be fun to watch but there really arent many good fighters anymore that are fun to watch. The last few big matches I have seen were a waste of my time. UFC has MUCH more strategy. You dont just have to watch for punches coming at you cushioned by 16oz gloves, you get kicked, choked, kneed, punched, slammed, and elbowed. Matt Hughes rules.

Hope the Next Tito/Shamrock fight is at least 2 rounds. I would love to see Ken get beat down for 10 good minutes.

10. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

hopefully they let mccarthy ref the next one too

11. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Yeah, good fight, glad matt won! I've watched every UFC in the past few years, and every episode of TUF 1, 2, 3 and 4! lol I can't really train because of a bad shoulder, but would like to. I met a lady today with a 121 inch big screen... she likes football and ufc too! She said we can come over some time and watch them on her tv... :D