Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

UFC on Spike tonight!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rdn2blazer, Apr 6, 2006.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

UFC fight night then Ultamate fighter 3. Im looking forward to the new show and some good fights.

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

heck yes set to record so i can watch it no comercials

3. gauder

gauder Banned

First fight sucks arse so far through the first 2 rounds.

4. gauder

gauder Banned

I wish they would have shown the Luke Cummo fight.

5. rdn2blazer

as much as I like and wanted Bonner to win, I thought he lost that fight to Jardean for sure. Jo "Big Daddy" should have snapped Neer's leg. Jo looked slow and did not have any defence on the ground. he looked terrible, did not fight with the same intensity he fought Luke with. Neer is tough though. Rashade was the same way, not as intense but he looked good at 205. I hate sam "the thieve" hoger, glad he lost. he allways has that dumbass smerk on his stupid face. as much as I hate Tito I think his coaching technique is better, hands on is what those guys want to learn from. he seems dedicated to doing a great job with them too.

6. jaysonsk5

jaysonsk5 1/2 ton status

i watch the shows and liked how they went back to tell people why ortiz and shamrock don't get along, but what is the beef between dana and tito? i think that tito was a better coach also.

7. muscle

muscle 1/2 ton status

Ortiz coaching style reflects what steps UFC has taken over the years from the times of just hopping into the ring and brawling. Now it seems the more training, stamina, athleticism you posess, the more likely your are to win.

Shamrock also came right out and told his team he knows nothing about Jujitsu. So what does he do? He brings in a bodybuilder to talk to the team about nutrition. Shamrock was great but hes old school, afraid to progress into the modern times of UFC fighting.

8. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I know Mike Nikels! About ten years ago, he actually beat me up pretty good. I was working for him in an enterprise to finance his tatoo shop, and we had a dispute about money. I thought I was tough enough, I've taken down big dudes like him before. Nope. Big Mike tuned me up good. It'll be interesting for me to see if he wins this thing. If he does, I won't feel so bad about having lost a fight to him.:mad:

9. jaysonsk5

jaysonsk5 1/2 ton status

um... he is a pro fighter. so i wouldn't feel so bad, unless while you were out he inked your face.

10. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Funny thing is, once he opened his shop, he did tatoos for me and my wife. Traded him a shotgun for the work. I knew he was a pretty tough dude, but never knew he was a world champion jujitsu stud, or anything else about his fighting.

11. MarcS

MarcS 1/2 ton status

I'm curious to see Royce Gracie vs. Matt Hughes. Alot has changed since Royce fought last in the UFC. I still think he will kick some ass, changes or not. I would defiantly give conditioning to Royce. Back in the UFC 1 days, he would fight 3-4 times in the same night. Now it's a few rounds. It's going to be good.:saweet:

12. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

DAMN TIVO ! lol it cut out the fight from TUF... now i'll have to wait and see it saturday.. that is if it records properly

13. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

are you guys talking about the show ufc or the fights the recap a few time a week? i was dissapointed at the fight on the show last night. the dude got worked hard and couldnt defend himself. deffinatly should have trained hard on ground skills.

14. rdn2blazer

both, the UFC fight night and the Ultamate Fighter 3. the guy that got beat needs way more skills on the ground. I think the guy that beat him should have been warned for punching to the back of the head though.