Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ugh, rebuilding takes so looooong

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Russell, May 23, 2005.

1. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Man, I haven't driven my baby in like 6 months... I wanna take her to grad, but stuff is going together so slooowly. I've only got two weeks to turn a bare rolling chassis into a roaring 80 K25! It all came apart in like a day and a half, but has taken months to put back together :P

Anyone else find they have the same problem? lol

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

nope, your all alone in that boat buddy :confused: ....
    mines been down since august! :( :mad:

3. fwdjunky

fwdjunky 1/2 ton status

Broke mine last June, decided to upgrade and rebuild rather than repair. It's taking so long I went and bought another blazer just so I had something to play with in the interim. :blush:

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

If it makes you feel any better there's a car that's been sittin for the better part of 7 years waitin for me to get done.

Don't sweat the small. You'll get her up and runnin soon enough. :)

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i know how it goes man,. got an 82 silverado K-10 shortfleet thjats all apart down to bare cab and rolling chassis, a few months ago we totally dissassembled it and removed all the old sheetmetal to scrap it and we were supposed ot have had replacement body ready to dry fit together and final prime but well it stil is sitting totally stripped and parts havent been dryfit on to the truck yet, lol. it still runs and drives though, its neat to drive a stripped out vehicle like that, no glass, doors front clip, bed, etc but gotta sit on a bucket in the cab

it takes forever putting a vehicle back together, longer than you plan

heh

6. Boondocks

Boondocks 1/2 ton status

I am in the first stages of planning my rebuild that is supposed to start this winter. I expect that even if I have everything lined up for parts, body and paint work, that it will still make me 6 to 8 months to put it all back together. But I have a 11 month window to complete it before my hunting vacation in 2006.

I will use the first month to fab some new stuff, then take it all apart. I plan to strip and paint the frame and assemble the rolling chassis with drive-train while the body-work and paint are being done by a local shop.

I also will use double my initial cost estimate as the target total.

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that proper planning pays-off.